Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ICI - insemination using donor sperm

Hi everyone, new to the site. My partner and I, who are a same sex couple, are trying to conceive using a donor. It would be lovely to hear from others going/having gone through the same experience. 

I have been tracking my cycle and when I will be ovulating etc. We have been using ovulation strips to detect the LH surge as well as just having ordered the clear blue digital ovulation tests. Anyway, tonight was the first attempt of home insemination. We inserted the sperm via a syringe as close to the cervix as possible. There was a slight bit of pressure, which I know is normal. I then laid down with my hips raised for 30 mins. Not long after when I went to the toilet, I notice some bleeding when I whipped, I also have a bit of cramping. Is this normal? As I’m now worried I’ve started my AF but it’s too soon for it plus I did an ovulation test which came out positive and I’m not due on until the 25th, I have 5-6 week cycles. 

If anyone else has had this or has any info it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks! 
J & K