Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

brown discharge started day 7-8 of 5day FET

I am mentally breaking down!! please help. I had FET on 21st June and started having really gooey brown discharge when I wiped (sorry tmi). I have had it every day since. some days more than others and sometimes some in my sanitary towel I am wearing. is this normal?! I have done 6 pregnancy tests since 30th June and all have said positive! I am serial testing, I just want someone to say its worked and I'm at last pregnant! just this discharge stuff is concerning me. how many days is normal to have it?

thank you xx

Replies

• Can you not phone your fertility centre and speak to a nurse? Think that's the best course of action as they deal with this stuff each day. They can give you reassurance, get you in if needs be or advise what you can do. They've been great at mine and told me to ring whenever I feel like it. 
  • Hey yeah I have rang yesterday and this morning. They are being quite neutral about it and saying to not test until official test day then take it from there. Just wondered if anyone had had this brown stuff for longer than a couple of days and if that was normal. The nurse said everyone’s different which I understand. It’s just so hard :(
  • I got told you could start spotting as embryo implants
  • zobo13 said:
    Hey yeah I have rang yesterday and this morning. They are being quite neutral about it and saying to not test until official test day then take it from there. Just wondered if anyone had had this brown stuff for longer than a couple of days and if that was normal. The nurse said everyone’s different which I understand. It’s just so hard :(
    Hey Zobo, don’t worry hun think positive, hope all goes well with you, I have heard this brown discharge is normal , please take care of yourself 
  • zobo13 said:

I am mentally breaking down!! please help. I had FET on 21st June and started having really gooey brown discharge when I wiped (sorry tmi). I have had it every day since. some days more than others and sometimes some in my sanitary towel I am wearing. is this normal?! I have done 6 pregnancy tests since 30th June and all have said positive! I am serial testing, I just want someone to say its worked and I'm at last pregnant! just this discharge stuff is concerning me. how many days is normal to have it?

thank you xx

Did you have HCG trigger ?
  • Thank you so much! It’s heartbreaking I don’t know how people cope doing this over and over. No this was frozen transfer x
  • @zobo13 I’m so sorry you’re in such distress 😓 the wait is the hardest!!! Saying so many prayers this works for you. Are you on progesterone and estrogen as well? My doctor told me that most discharges and side effects were neither signs the transfer worked or signs that it didn’t but rather side effects from the medication. I’m hoping for some great news for you! If your fertility clinic isn’t concerned... I would just try and remember you did everything you can. It’s so hard to have this situation out of our hands after the transfer. Brown can be old blood and I was told progesterone injections can cause spotting. Fingers crossed! When do you test? I love that you are getting positive tests at home though! I feel like they don’t have you test bc it could be a false negative. ❤️ Sending you positive thoughts of pregnancy!!! 🌈☀️
  • @Lbauer27 thanks for your response. I’m on pessaries and estrogene tablets. It’s so worrying I’ve rang dr and he said too early for a scan but could do bloods then do them 48 hrs later and see if there’s an increase then I know it’s going in the right direction. Think that would just heighten my anxiety even more as if still be worried for the 3 weeks. Official test day is tomorrow. Done another this morning and very strong line so I’m trying to think possitive! It’s just this brown discharge :( xx
  • @zobo13 those positive tests look reassuring to me!! Of course we have to take one day at a time, but those lines are most definitely getting darker. They don’t want us to test at home bc they know how mentally consuming this can be 🙃 also I think it’s more for getting a false negative. My doctor said some women don’t have positive results at home and assume they aren’t not pregnant, throw in the towel, and then they are convinced it didn’t work until he persuades them to come in for a blood test. And then they find out they are pregnant 🤗 good luck to you! I’m currently in the stage of “got a positive pregnancy test and waiting to make sure it’s growing still” ... I think there will always be a new worry for us. The joy of fertility treatments. I’m no doctor but my guess on your discharge would be medication side effects. Because I was on estrogen as well and had high estrogen levels, I had fluid in my uterus and a lot of discharge. But mine was blue bc my tablets are vaginal and they are blue lol. Not reassuring to get that color leaking every day. Good luck to you and keep me posted! 🤗🤗🤗🤞🤞🤞
  • @Lbauer27 blue wow that would really freak me out! How many weeks are you then? Hope your holding out and relaxing as much as you can. After a hurdle there’s another. It’s going to be a lifetime of worry! I just been to toilet and nothing really there when wiped then and nothing on my sanitary towel so see how it goes. If this discharge wasn’t there I think l I’d be handling this a million times better! X
  • @zobo13 yay for no discharge!! Hope it gives you some relief for a bit ;) I have my first ultrasound Friday at 5 weeks and 2 days. Seems early, but I guess after the FET, they want to make sure things are progressing the right way! So excited for you though! We will get through all of these hurdles together 🤗
  • @Lbauer27 how exciting!! Only 2 more sleeps for you!! Everything will be perfect. Like you say there’s going to be hurdles but power through and support each other :) how many cycles have you had? This is my second transfer, first was fresh. X
  • @zobo13 haha yes! All the hurdles 💪 we got this! This was also my second transfer. We did fertility all of last year (chlomid, letrazole, 3 failed IUIs) and then took a break from fertility bc it was just becoming exhausting. Ended up getting pregnant naturally! Then miscarried at 8 weeks 😞. Decided to go straight to IVF. First transfer failed. This is hopefully the one. 🤞 your second one two huh?! My doctor said that often the first transfer fails. Hopefully second time is a charm for the both of us 🤗
  • @Lbauer27 oh wow you have had a long and busy journey up to now. This has to be our time. We went straight to ivf after tests. My first apt was October last year so it’s moving quick...ish in the grand scheme of things on the nhs! Try and relax and don’t worry too much. Think 12 week is the next hurdle isn’t it. Just look after ourselves the best we can 
  • We got this @zobo13!! 💪💪 how are you feeling? 💗
  • @Lbauer27 I’m starting to let myself believe it’s happening although I’m still leaking brown stuff :( how are you? Xx
  • @Lbauer27 thank you, I wouldn’t of got through this week without you xxx
  • Awww same here!!! It’s happening! 🤗💗 @zobo13 I forget when do you go back to the doctor? I’m sure it will all make sense by then! I’m telling you I bet it’s from the medication... or that little embryo getting cozy somewhere 😉
  • Had my scan yesterday. It’s a little sac. 💗 My husband was relieved. Now I worry about the next step 🤣 I need that heartbeat. Something new to think about. And of course I woke up and took another pregnancy test even though I was just checked yesterday. I think it’s  just something we do. We convince ourselves we are pregnant and our mind convinces us we are not. It’s an awful game but I’m looking forward to us both laughing at that when we are holding new little ones someday 🤞🤞🌈☀️