Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Blocked tubes - IVF

2»

Replies

• Hi @MrsS35. Big congrats on finally getting the dream result!!
    Cant believe you had to go through 10 years of battling with the hospitals😱.must of been beyond tiresome for you. 
    Oh I would definitely plan on taking time off for it (if ivf is the road I end up going down). I wont be able to cope working with all the hormones, I struggle now with average pms😆. I haven't told my work officially yet about my plans to become pregnant, a few people know but I'm trying to keep hush hush.
    I'm sure me and @Ags99 will be greatful for any advice and tips,especially on injecting😫👍❤
  • Hi @Ags99
    Ohhh AF can absolutely do one 🤣...pms much🤔. I literally just got a pop up reminder from my ovulation app that my period is due in 2 days!!....thanks for the reminder 🙄.
    Yeah the book should arrive by friday so look forward to that. I ordered another that I've got now and it's about couples going through IVF- even though I'm.not part of a couple I'm still curious as to what I could be and should expect.
    I've just been quoted for the hsg test- £325... wasnt as bad as I thought but I need that peace of mind so will hopefully get myself booked in soon.
    I suppose at least you having the rubella shot now wont cut into any time that be push your ivf back or anything... annoying that you have to have it at all 😥.
    I'm having this month off too bu perhaps I need the break. I may still do an ovulation test just to keep track.
    The tests weren't working for me at first so I got a blood test to confirm I was ovulating, i am, then i tried last month and the test worked and was so happy.....but...well...

To cheer myself up Friday (day after af) I'm gonna do yoga on the beach with my sister in law.
    Cant wait to read the book!!
  • Hi @Bonnie1983, is the book His and Hers survival guide to IVF? That's the only book I read about IVF and I absolutely loved it! It's funny and informative, very well written, comes highly recommended! You'll enjoy it I am sure. I hope you will get a conclusive result especially since you're paying for it.

• Ahhh I'd wish I'd known that before, I would of bought that one 😆.
    The one I bought is simply called "trying to conceive". Gonna start it later. Sometimes I do feel the brunt of doing this alone, especially at this time....but one must plough on per say 😂.
    I'll let you know when I get an appointment for the hsg 👍.
  • I am sure that's also a good book, they are all quite useful. I also watched the "IVF Diary" on youtube that was so different from everything else! Doing it with a partner is mostly good, but let me assure you sometimes even the presence of someone in the house drives me crazy when I am hormonal :) I have been listening to this podcast BFN and it is very good, they were discussing actually that even if you have male fertility factor it's the woman who has to go through IVF, all the hormones, injections etc. It was the case with us as before the HSG I was considered perfectly fertile and an excellent candidate if you may. I have very good AMH for my age, responded nicely for Clomid (had 4follicles just from one cycle of clomid taking it for 5days), lining has always been 14mm that is considered exceptional according to my doc, big clean uterus never any cycts no PCOS, no endo, hten bumm: blocked tubes. My point is you don't have to worry about the MIF and that's good! 
  • Hi everyone, we're just wondering if any of you might have some experience/advice about post embryo transfer? We have a new member asking a question about it here.
    Thank you 
  • Hi @DanielleMFM , would love to help (more than you think) as I would love to be already at that stage, however we here are still just waiting to start IVF so have no experience regarding embryo transfer... Maybe @MrsS35 ?

• Thanks @Ags99 - oh the wait must be so hard, and we really appreciate your reply.  :)
  • @DanielleMFM no probs, if there are any questions about IUI, MIF or blocked tubes and preparing for IVF I am more than happy to help!

• @Ags99 yeah I guess all these books are helpful. It's interesting to read the different stories and circumstances and does make you feel that you're not alone. 
    Haha, yeah I guess doing it solo has some advantages, such as being able to distract myself in that 2ww and not have my partner there to wind me up when hormonal 😉. Even though when I've told him AF has arrived we're both always apologetic to the other-even though it's not necessarily anyones fault you know. I do wish you could get feedback as to why it didnt work though😅.
    So how comes you had to go on clomid??.... is that part of the process after trying for so long and before an HSG is recommended??🤔❤
  • @DanielleMFM hey, yeah I'm like @Ags99, we wish we were at that stage to know more ❤👍
  • Thanks for replying @Bonnie1983 we do hope things get moving for you guys soon. Please do keep us updated. 
  • It's so interesting to hear you saying these things about your relationship, sometimes makes me wonder what if you fell in love and raise these kinds together? :) I am a helpless romantic haha
    Does he not want a family? What made him start doing these arrangements? I wonder.
    I still haven't started reading the It starts with the egg because the weather is so lovely and I can't just sit and read nowadays :( This weekend is already full, but I think I will start reading it next week. Before I went to sleep I finished watching our IVF diary on Youtube. It is crazy to see people going through 5-6, sometimes 10 rounds of IVF, scary and impressive at the same time...

• @Ags99 haha, you sound like my mum and sister in law 😅. Thibk they'd like to see me go off into the sunset with him. Well he has his own family(he was married), hes got 2 teenage boys who live with him part time. He started donating a few years back,mainly to gay couples.
    He said he'd seen work colleagues going though ivf etc and he felt he wanted to help couples or women out there who were struggling for free. He didnt want to donate to an official clinic as he wanted a more personal outcome. Hes kept his donations legal to reassure you haha(no more than 10 families is the official guideline with donors).
    He gets regular updates from his recipients which I think is lovely.
    Hes a great guy and hes really committed to the cause but I need him as a friend more than a boyfriend  😅👍.
    Yeah that book hasn't arrived yet but the other one jm reading about all the different ivf stories are so interesting.one couple had done over 20 cycles 😱. I dont think my body and especially my bank could cope with that😫. I'm still hoping the holistic approach for me is the way forward but until i have my hsg test I'm kind of in limbo.
    Chris my donor may not want to get involved in the ivf side of things-he didnt sign up for it after all so I can't blame him if he doesn't want to continue. I'd be gutted though.
    Period came today too🙄, I suppose at least I'm staying regular.
    Did you say you've got nieces and nephews you babysit a lot for??how old are they??🤩❤