Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IUI

Hey guys 
I've just finished a cycle of IUI which was unsuccessful 
I was wondering if anyone had been through the same and whether I should try again or try and save for IVF 
Just looking for some advice really 😊
I'm a bit shocked how much the negative pregnancy test affected me
I think its because I felt so out of sorts since having the IUI I'd maybe got my hopes up
TIA

Replies

• Charise said:
    Hey guys 
    I've just finished a cycle of IUI which was unsuccessful 
    I was wondering if anyone had been through the same and whether I should try again or try and save for IVF 
    Just looking for some advice really 😊
    I'm a bit shocked how much the negative pregnancy test affected me
    I think its because I felt so out of sorts since having the IUI I'd maybe got my hopes up
    TIA
    Im sorry it didnt work for you but please dont be too diheartened. I did one round in July and it was unsuccessful did my next round straight away in August and I have my BFP (you can see all my photos in the Trying to Conceive thread "confirmed with FRER" post)

So I would say do whats best for you but it generally takes between 2 and 4 (max 6) rounds of IUI if its going to succeed, if it hasn't worked after that then your health care provider should prob recommend IVF. If paying privately like we are I know it can be really expensive. good luck with it all!!!!