Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Starting IVF in Scotland

2»

Replies

• Options
    Pff I know exactly what you are talking about re.Mary, I do know a few of them :)
    So we had our first scan on day 6. I have 14 follicles, but they are all small. The biggest one was 10mm. Nurse said it is completely normal and I might grow more at this stage she also added sometimes they only do a day 8 scan so not even looking at the ovaries this early so there is nothing to worry about as I am responding and 14 is a great number at this stage. Lining is nice just how it should be she said. 
    I feel a little bit disappointed as we didn't have any "numbers" to come away with as they are small. They did not change my dose so we will see what happens on Friday, have to go back the same time early morning. She said we will then have to go back over the weekend for another scan and hopefully I will be ready for EC next week.
    I still have zero symptoms. Good to know I am responding, but would be even better to feel it....
  • Options
    Ah that’s good u had a scan, I know what u mean about not being able to feel anything, but the nurse seemed positive! Good woman. Have u been advise for any of the “rules” or info regarding wearing make up perfume etc at this stage? 
  • Options
    Sorry hun I thought I had trplied to u the other day and just logged in here to see my message never posted. Hope your doing ok?
  • Options
    So I started my Synarel nasal spray today. 13days of down reg then adding in injections. Hoping to feel ok. I have a chest infection so I was out on antibiotics and a steroid for that so I freaked out a bit, but the nurses assure me it will be ok. They need me healthy. 
    How are you getting on? 
  • Options
    Hi @Genabella sorry I disappeared a bit, but sent updates in the other thread. So got the BFP on Friday making Valentine's Day the best one ever. Since then we have been in a different state, it's like nothing is the same anymore. Spent the entire weekend daydreaming. 
    Did you do a test this morning? Any side effects from the spray so far? 

• Options
    hey Mrs. I’m so delighted for you! How are u feeling? 
    My notifications are off for this chat and I don’t know how to turn them back on🙈 
    I’m feeling ok. Occasionally getting headaches but nothing g that I can’t handle. No mood swings etc yet. I’ve been tired but think that’s more to do with having the cold and chest infection. 
    I did two tests and had bfp on both. No sign of AF yet but I only expected it yesterday or today, I think the Synarel spray can delay it a few days 
  • Options
    Hiya, did you call the clinic to tell them you are pregnant? They will probably tell you to stop the nasal spray, that is great news congratulations!!
  • Options
    Hi @Genabella, how are you getting on? I crossed the 6weeks mark yesterday and have the first scan next Thursday at 10AM, so in a week time. Can't wait as we are only announcing it to immediate family and friends once that scan confirms everything is ok.