Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The dreadful 2ww after IVF!!!!

Hi! 

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as me...

I had a frozen egg transfer on 25 Aug (Day 5 blascyst) and I have been told to do the test on 7 Sep. This two week wait is driving me INSANE!!!!!!!

I have had 3 IUIs (one failed, two chemical pregnancies), two fresh IVFs (one miscarriage at 6 weeks and one at 8/9 weeks). This is my third IVF (first frozen cycle).

I felt a few symptoms after the egg transfer this time like cramps, feeling bloated, heavy breasts, nausea, generally feeling pressure in lower abdomen, also feeling very tired and feeling heavy in the lower abdomen. Suddenly 2 days ago all these symptoms disappeared. Last IVF cycle I had implantation spotting. This time nothing.

I am getting SO paranoid that it is bad news this time  I am really stressing myself out. How early can I do a pregnancy test?

Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• sas1101sas1101 Regular
    edited Sep 2, 2020 8:59AM
    Hi @Saircastic congrats on your FET. The IVF tww crazies are the worse! 

I'm so sorry to hear about your MC's. I've also had one fresh and one FET cycle. Mine unfortunately ended in chemicals but I can say on both of those cycle I felt completely different both times so I really think you can't tell. Remember the meds you're on can mess with your head and can even cause non symptoms so you really can't tell until you take the test. As for testing I would hold out until OTD as you will get your true answer then. Testing early can caused so much anxiety, I have been there and have promised myself I won't test early in my next cycle. I know how hard it is not test but you don't have long to go. Keep yourself busy (well as much as you can) and your OTD will be here before you know it. Feel free to PM me anytime you want. There is also a great forum called health unlocked that has lots of support for ladies undertaking IVF. Big hugs and wishing you next of luck. 

I start my next cycle in September. Hoping for third time lucky 🤞
  • Hi @sas1101 - thank you soooo much for your kind words. I feel better knowing that you can feel different each cycle... I know I am just getting paranoid!!!! 

I agree - I won't test before the test date because I want to know what it actually is rather than a false negative or positive - that will stress me out even more. I have never tested before my OTD before so I know I can last until Monday!!! 

Yes totally the meds I'm on defo won't let my period start either even if the transfer didn't work. The meds really do play with your head!!! I feel a bit less stressed out today.. let's see how long that will last!

Oh Goodluck for your next cycle -fingers crossed for you!! is it a fresh one or frozen one? 

I like to plan - so I'm preparing myself for worse case scenario. If it didn't work this time I can't decide whether I want a fresh or frozen cycle next. I am 38 so almost tempted to go for a fresh cycle as older I get the harder it will get.. so confused :( 
  • @Saircastic hoping you get good news today 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • @sas1101 awww thank you for remembering!! 

After staying up all night, I tested this morning (yes I waited it out!!) and it is a BFP!!! I couldn't believe it as I was feeling even more normal the last few days so I was pretty sure it didn't work!!! I am so relieved :) I just hope this one lasts. My heartbeat scan (which didn't go well last time) is booked for 29th Sep - another few weeks of stress but I think less stress. 

What are your dates this month? Wish you all the best ♥️♥️♥️ 
  • @Saircastic that's amazing! Massive congrats 💫❤️ It just goes to show symptoms mean absolutely nothing. I know it's so hard and IVF makes everything heightened but enjoy for now as you're very much pregnant. 

I start my next cycle end of the month so not long to wait at all! I'll be putting two back this time 😊
  • @sas1101 oh exciting!!! Best of luck with it - hoping it will be good news at the end of it 😘😘😘 Are you going for a fresh or frozen cycle?

• @Saircastic I'm doing a FET. I have two blasts in the freezer is if they survive the thaw we will be popping them both back in. 🤞🏻

• That's amazing!!! Best of luck ❤️❤️😘😘😘 this was my first FET cycle and it is relatively straight forward xx
  • Thank you @Saircastic This will be my second FET. I've also done a fresh transfer. I've been offered a natural FET and medicated FET and can't work out which one to do. 

Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy! I hope you join you soon ❤️❤️❤️

• @sas1101 So I went with getting my AF naturally and then starting progynova- I am not sure what the medicated FET is? 

Can't wait for you to join me!!! Although I am feeling nothing at all right now and stressing a little bit no AF is a good sign. Just got to wait until the heartbeat scan!!
  • The difference with a natural FET is that you have no meds (progynova/cyclogest) and work off your natural cycle. So track ovulation  with OPK and have a scan to confirm ovulation and then transfer 5 days later. This makes me nervous so I'm going with the medicated FET. So buseralin for down regulation and the progynova and cyclogest. It's worked that when we get to this stage we want all the meds they can give us 😂

I'm sure you'll be fine. I think it's very normal not to feel anything until around 7 weeks. I'd say enjoy it before the symptoms kick in 😂 it'll be magical to hear the heartbeat. 

I'll keep you updated, I'd love for you to keep me updated with scan 💕 xx
  • @sas1101 haha yes agree, with meds atleast it is kind of in our control? Goodluck - fingers crossed!!! 

Sure will do 😘😘😘
  • Hi Saircastic!
    i had my frozen embryo transfer 27/08 and had a positive test 07/09!! I have my scan on he 30/09! :)

i have previously had 2 miscarriages, these were with natural pregnancies. Our first embryo transfer didn’t work.

I am just so anxious about having another miscarriage! Im trying to be positive and have started doing meditation which helps a lot, but i can’t stop being a bit anxious! 

It would be good to keep in touch as we have very similar dates :)