Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

eeek first appt

Evening Ladies,
now it has been a long long time since I last posted as I have been trying to not get too obssessed with things in the lead up to tomorrow.
It is our fisrt appt with the consultant at the clinic and I am now very nervous! We had appt with nurse months ago who finalised all final blood tests and scans etc and now this appt is supposed to confirm everything and give us a start date
However, I have not quite reached my goes weight, think i have about 6 pounds to loose, so i am so so nervous that they are going to say no.
Anyway my point of this thread is to see if anyone has some good adivce on first questions that I should be asking tomorrow????
Thanks ladies
xxxxx

Replies

• Hi Sleepalot, try not to stress yourself out too much (easier said than done I know). On our first clinic appointment the Dr. went through the whole process for us, the system we were going to use (ICSI for us) and then we had an appointment with the nurse who showed us how to do the injections, etc. and worked out when we would start (for us it was 21 days after my next period so we had time to get ready for it). As for weight, really dont worry about 6lbs. I'm at least 1st overweight (in my opinion) but my weight has never ever been mentioned. Good luck tomorrow !!
  • Thanks Lougla,
    Did you have your appt with the nurse on the same day?? I haven't thought that they might go through that with us tomorrow too. I imagine it will be the doc confirming everything with us and giving us a date to start, We will be needing ICSI too. As for the weight, they have so far weighed me everytime i have had any appt so that is why i am getting worked up. Oh well fingers crossed! Thanks for the good luck wishes
    xxx
    Thanks for the good luck wishes,
  • Hi sleepalot,

Hope your 1st appt went ok today hun, let me know how you got on xxx
  • Thanks Em J
    To be honest didn't go had hoped and it had nothing to do with my weight,
    Appt resulted in me getting very frustrated that we had been mislead in our previous appt and they want me to go for a HSG and for DH to repeat a blood test that they have know has been wrong for 6 months. Hence still no date for starting treatment and a very upset couple.
    I think i should shrug my shoulders and plod on but i want to scream.......alot!!!
    xx
  • That is a real shame, have you not had a HSG done previously? I'm surprised as its a fairly essential test for ladies due to have IVF (from what I can tell) as it can help determine what kind of IVF is suitable, etc. Hopefully they'll give you an appointment soon. Did they give you any indication of how long until your next appointment?
  • No Lougla, I asked in a previous appt will i need any more scans doing and they said no, they had everything they needed for me, it was the repeat SA from DH that they needed and they did that in dec. We really were led to believe that this would be the appt that confirmed everything and we would get a start date. It is so frustrating.
    I've managed to get an appt for the HSG next month which is good and they have given us a follow up appt a the clinic for in FOUR MONTHS!!!! BUt the nurse told me to leave it till about 2 weeks after the HSG and then ring them and hassel someone to look at the results and refer us to the ACU.
    xxx
  • Hi
    Just read your post, thats really awful, I know how you feel with getting worked up before each appointment, I'm the same I just stress that something will go wrong. I have had some bad luck this time round with my attempt at ICSI, last time when I was lucky enough to concieve we were allowed to egg share but not this time due to a change in regulations and so we have to find aprrox 7k whereas last time it was just over 2k, plus the clinic rang me the other day and I have to go to a follow up app because they have the results of my AMH test and the levels are slightly lower than normal and so they would like to have a chat with me about it, they said its nothing to worry about but I am now very worried as I just want everything to be perfect!
    Its really annoying when they seem to move the goal posts all the time, just as you feel you're getting somewhere it changes.
    Is there another clinic near you that you could go to instead as these ones seem to be messing you about?
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you
    Rhian xx:

[Modified by: misspolar on March 16, 2010 04:09 PM]