Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A little bit of hope please?

Hi ladies,

As some of you might know I just found out this week that our second round of IVF hasn't worked. It's been such a hard few days and I am really finding it tough picking myself up again after this cycle. I just wondered if any of you can give me a little bit of hope with your stories - are there many of you out there that have had success on the 3rd or more attempt of IVF? I'm starting to feel like this might never work and it would be so nice to hear about any of you that have had to go through multiple attempts...but that have had success eventually :\)

Thanks.x.

Replies

• Hi hunny, my friend was sucessful on her 3rd attempt-about 7 years ago and I think things have improved since then.
    I go on fertility friends and a lot of people seem to think that the first attempt is often seeing how people react to the different levels of drugs and those that get pg first time are very very lucky.
    My DFET has around 18% chance of working so in my head I'm going to allow myself the thought that it may take 5 attempts (over 2 1/2 years!) which I know logically isn't right as each try would have the same percentage but its my way of believing that eventually it will work IYSWIM?!
    Probably not much help but I hope that it might help me deal with a bfn.
    I hope you can soon feel more positive.
    Helen.xxx
  • Hi Trixie

I haven't managed to even finish my first cycle yet so cannot presonally advise you but I know someone who got lucky on their 5th go and now has beautiful twins.

You like me have some snow babies don't you? Will you be trying FET next or a fresh cycle?

Take care hun.
    xxx

xx