Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

egg donation

hey ladies

just a quick post and not really sure how a lot of you will react/what your thoughts are but thought id write it out anyway....

at the moment, i am seriously considering egg donation. i have 2 beautiful babies and it breaks my heart to read stories and hear of couples who are really struggling to have a baby of their own. ive also decided that there is nothing more special and heartwarming than knowing you have made someone elses dreams come true. i know how much my babies mean to me and i would love to give someone else that feeling of love and happiness.

i have a few questions that im mainly looking opinions for. if u can be bothered, thanks; if not though, its totally fine.

1. would you consider egg donation?
2. what kind of characteristics (physical or other) would you be looking for?
3. would u want to meet the doner first and would u want to keep in contact?
4. would u ever tell the child they were an egg donation or would u not?
5. what questions would u have for the egg doner?

im not even sure ive posted this is the correct place.

anyway, thanks for your time in reading this and any help would be great.

k xxx

Replies

• Any women who'd do this for someone else must have a heart of gold. Yes i would consider it if i couldn't conceive. I think i'd want to keep in touch and also tell the child.
    You must be a wonderful person to even consider this! x
  • thank you so much. i just feel so sad when like i said i read of women trying and not succeeding in ttc or have complications etc.
    i just want to bring the happiness my babies bring to me, to someone else who needs it.
    thank u though. means a lot
  • i could have sworn i replied to this somewhere lol ...i just said i too have thought about this since i too have 2 beautiful children and there are so many ladies who cant concieve ...i will watch this post carefully xxx
  • yeah i posted it in a few places as i wasnt sure where id get the replies and am keen to find out peoples views and get their advice.

i got yours though, twice hehe! so thanks. im still looking into things but im pretty certain ive made my mind up already xxxx