Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF outcome

Hi girls,
Some of you will have read my post 2 weeks ago, disappointed that our embryos were not very good. We had 8 eggs, 5 fertilised, and of those, 3 were useless, and the remaining 2 were only 4 cells at day 3. 1 was grade 2 and the other was grade 3. We put the both back but were devastated that the odds were against us.
My hcg blood test was due on the 22nd of May, but as I had 2 tests at home, I did 1 at 10 days post egg-collection which was negative as expected. So we focused on trying to get a date to try again. I did the 2nd test 2 days later and we thought there was the faintest of lines. I bought more, and a few more showed faint lines. Didn't sleep properly all week, and on the test day (14 days post egg-collection), a CBD was positive - 1-2 weeks! Went for blood test and the clinic are happy with my hcg of 56!!!
Trying so hard not to get excited, as we had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in December, but we are praying that this is our turn.

Thanks for all your replies over the last few weeks,

JCB xxx

Replies

• Hello JCB - many many congrats - thrilled for you! I have posted a longer reply on LTTTC but just wanted to say hi! xx
  • Hi MrsBambino,
    Thanks for your kind words. I really never thought this would happen. The 11 day wait til official test day was the longest 11 days of my life. But otherwise it's been pretty quick-I got my first faint positive last Wednesday, only 3 weeks after starting the IVF drugs!
    How are you keeping? Is it August you start? You still have time for a BFP before then!
    JCB x
  • oh JCB that's so so exciting, you give me hope! I can only imagine how long those 11 days must have felt - but so worth it all now for that fab BFP.

I'm doing ok , thanks. You know what it's like, good days and bad days. I know us LTTTC-ers always say this, but really and truly EVERYONE in my social circle seems to be pg! I just hope and pray I am next. Date wise, unless we get a natural BFP, we're starting IVF in October, depending on when AF falls around then I guess. Self-funding, so we're trying very very hard to economise and not to dip into any savings before then, it is hard though. I know it will be worth every penny if it works, but it is hard when the finance is such a struggle and I know we can't afford to self-fund again of it doesn't work...

Must think positive though! Yo have renewed my PMA!

So, what's next for you then? When do you get a scan next? And does that mean there could be two?! Sorry about all the q's - so interesting!
    xx
  • So pleased for you hope it sticks xxx
  • Hi MrsBambino,
    I totally know how you feel about pregnant people-it really rubs things in and I have found it virtually impossible not to be jealous of friends who have announced pregnancies. There are 2 friends I haven't seen for 6 months for this reason.
    The cost of self-funding is so hard but I suppose we just have to make sacrifices and when we achieve our goal, it will be more than worth it. If I remember rightly, you also have unexplained infertility, so you have as good a chance at this as anyone.
    I would say that the 2ww is the hardest part-the injections and regular appointments keep you occupied in the early part of the cycle. Maybe you will do the short protocol too........or maybe you'll get your BFP before then! Fingers crossed.
    The next step for us is a scan on the 12th of June (7 weeks) to assess viability and look for heartbeat(s). I really want to be excited but worried about miscarriage, after it happened December. I have done 10 tests in the last week!!!

Take care,

JCB x
  • Thanks JCB, it's great to hear about your experience and it makes me feel much more excited and positive about what lies ahead. You're right, to an extent ours is somewhat 'unexplained' but we do have male factor low motility, so I'm hoping the 'appliance of science' (lol) will help with that bit! Or, a natural wee 'miracle' before that would be amazing!
    Anyway, enough about me!!! I will say a little prayer for you for 12 June - and look forward to hearing the good news! Here's to one or two mini JCBs!
    All the very best to you and your OH, xx
  • MAHOOSIVE CONGRATS XXX
  • That's fantastic news JCB, stay positive.I'm sure all will be fine. Know what you mean about self funding but trust me it's worth every penny when you get that positive result! x
  • Hi JCB,
    Congratulations on your BFP!!!! Good Luck for 12th June image
    I am really pleased for you, and you have restored my PMA as we are a week into our injections on our 1st cycle of ICSI

xxx
  • Thanks!
    Fairy-very best of luck with your treatment. If you have any questions, just let me know.
    JCB x
  • Congratulations. You must be so pleased. Fingers crossed for you for the scans. xx
  • Hi JCB,

Hope everything is progressing smoothly for you and fingers crossed all is well on the 12th.

xxxx
  • Thanks for your goodwishes, Mrs Pootle. We are counting the days. I wish I had some symptoms like nausea, to reassure me, I feel too normal!
    Only 7 sleeps to go...
  • thinking of you and excited for you, JCB! 6 sleeps to go! xx
  • Thanks MrsBambino,
    I just replied to your post on LTTTC. How are you getting on?
    We are just so scared about Friday-just don't know what we'll do if it's not ok. We oscillate (?sp) between thinking 'Why shouldn't it be ok?' to panicking that the events of December are repeated. Trying to stay positive and each morning starts with * sleeps to go!
    Hope you're having a nice weekend.
  • Thanks JCB and thanks for your reply on LTTTC. I will really be sending you good vibes for Friday - you so deserve this all to work out well. PMA all the way for a strong healthy wee beanio. You're right, 'why shouldn't it be ok' is the right attitude to have, stay positive and think of all the exciting things that lie ahead for you and your wee bubs. Or bubs times two!! Can't wait to hear your GOOD news.

I'm doing ok thanks - like I said on my LTTTC post, a bit down on myself for not BDing enough recently and , like you said you had felt, I had been feeling it was putting a lot of pressure on us and a bit of a strain on an otherwise brilliant relationship. I just feel so guilty when I am not in the mood for BD but it is cr*p feeling like you have to do it year in year out on certain days regardless of if you're tired etc. I think you can only keep that level of optimistic 'activity' up for a year or so until it's exhausting eh! You know what it's like!

Anyway, I had a good chat with DH about it and he said some lovely, very reassuring things so I feel a bit better, but I just wish I had a higher BD drive. I totally used to before LTTTC turned me into a mad-woman!

Thanks for your supportive words though and HUGE good luck for Friday , I hope the week goes in as quick as poss for you. xx