Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clinics?

Hi ,

I know this is all subjective but would anybody like to share where they are being treated and or share any views opinions on different places?

Has anybody ever considered going abroad for treatment, I have been looking in to it alongside places closer to home (which happens to be Southampton by the way)

I'd welcome any advice,

Gem x

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

We are being treated at The London Fertility Clinic in Harley Street. We live in Kent and have a NHS Hospital that has a fertility centre 5mins drive from our house but as i'm only 20 doubt they would treat us. We went to The LFC open afternoon and liked it, to be honest we didn't really know what we were looking for but we got on well with our DR so decided it was the clinic for us image

xx
  • Options
    Hi we are being treated in Bristol (southmead) they have been excellant and very quick considering that it is being funded via NHS x
  • Options
    a really good way to decide is to use the efficacy tables of the HFEA website
    http://guide.hfea.gov.uk/guide/Default.aspx
    when you have clicked on the clinic you are interested in there are tabs that give success rates and you can compare the clinics in each area

We were treated at the new ACU at guys hospital in London they are fantastic
  • Options
    We are at Nottingham NURTURE for IVF
  • Options
    I change my comments the doctors are fantastic at my clinic but not sure on the embryologists!! Jury is out on that one