Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Ding Ding! Onto Round 2...

Hi Ladies,

We had our consultant appointment today, so we can begin round 2 of ICSI. This cycle will be self-funded and I have to admit I was very apprehensive about today's appointment, as the last cycle was so poor and I am a notorious stresshead (see other posts!!)

However, the hospital are doing a different protocol with us next time, so I will be on Menopur from day 2 and then a few days later on a drug called Cetrocide. It sounded like they'd really thought about why it failed last time and were really encouraging when I told them I was going to be taking lots of time off and had started acupuncture (thanks to the ladies who'd suggested it!). I wasn't expecting a whole different process at all. They even said I could start next week (when I'm next due on) but that surprised me a bit and I've said I'd prefer to wait until next month so I can truly get myself in the right place ;\)

So, upshot is that after a week off work and a positive appointment, I'm soooo much more chilled out, have actualy done 9-5 at work today (so about 3 hours less than usual- and no one batted an eyelid) and am really looking forward to round 2. And bless him, DH is very excited too and has even started talking about local schools!! :lol:

So encouraging to see so many LTTC-ers and IVF ladies get their BFPs - just hope I'm one of the next ones!

If anyone has any experience of the Cetrocide protocol, I'd be really interested in hearing about it.

Babydust to all xxx

Replies

• Hi hun,

I'm so glad things are moving in a more positive direction for you and that you are a bit more chilled. I'm due for egg collection tomorrow and have been on Menopur from day 7 so can't comment on your new treatment, but my cousin who had IVF did the same protocol as you and finally got her BFP and baby last Sep.

You do right giving yourself a few weeks to get prepared, I didn't have a choice due to funding etc and feel like I'm still whisked up in the whirlwind, haven't had a min to take stock of things but what will be will be.

Good luck with the next round, will be thinking of you xxx
  • Thanks EmJ - so nice to hear that your cousin had a great result on this protocol.

Hope EC went well for you today. Crossing fingers you get lots of lovely eggs! xx
  • Moggs fantastic to hear you are starting treatment again soon. It is so good that your clinic have learnt and have adapted the cycle. I have absolutely everything crossed for you. I think acupuncture is brilliant, I find it so relaxing but think it helped the whole process as well.
    Keep up working 9-5, and I will keep everything crossed for you.
    xx
  • Yea, so glad everything is going so well for you!
    Think your completely right to start when you feel comfortable! Good luck over the coming weeks keep us posted
    Rhian xx