Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First acupuuncture appointment today

Afternoon ladies

I had my first acupuncture appointment today and was not sure what to make of it all. I went to a Zita West accredited person (Iva Blay) and she took all my details as I would expect. Then she stuck the needles in and put a zita west cd on and this went on for about 20 minutes. She also put some warm stuff on my tummy. I'm not really sure what I was expecting and just wondered what a typical appointment was like for you? Obviously as this was the first appointment a lot of the hour was taken up information gathering but I am trying to work out if this is for me. The cost is ??40 per hour.

Can anyone share their experiences? xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Debbie, I go a Zita West affiliated one too. depending where on my cycle I've been I've had needles in different places and sometimes been on my back, sometimes my front. Mine plays soft music but will be doing the Zita cd pre and post ET on monday. I paid ??44 for the first session and ??34 thereafter. I personally find it very relaxing and actually fell asleep the time before last!. My lining surprised the dr at having grown so fast: I'm taking selenium tablets and drinking pineapple juice but had discomfort after my accupuncture last thursday (which was to help the lining) to the monday, so it does make me wonder if the accu made the difference.
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    Hi Helen

Thanks for your response it is really useful. She sais she would work on trying to relieve my PCO so I am hoping it works. Sounds like it is working for you! How long are your sessions??

• Options
    About 50 mins -an hour including the prep and getting sorted afterwards-oh and paying!!!
    She said it'll be 45 mins on mondays pre tx one as I'll be listening to the zita pre transfer session.
    H.xxx
  • Options
    Hiya .... I too was very skeptical about acupuncture - but I must admit I'm a bit of a convert. My first session was in my back .... Wasn't that taken with it - but decided to give it another try. The next session I had in my front and I relaxed more ... After that session I booked 5 more. I normally find it hard to switch off but I really like acupuncture. My lady is not Zita West affiliated but she sees a lot of ladies doing IVF.

I'd say give it another go and see if you like it more then. Best wishes x

[Modified by: gerbera on September 11, 2010 04:30 PM]

• Options
    Thanks for your replies ladies. Can I also ask how often you have your sessions?? xx
  • Options
    i've been having mine every week or so.
    H,xxx
  • Options
    weekly for me too!!