Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF Initial Consultation

Hurray - we've chosen a clinic (one of the top in the country), and have an appt for an initial consultation in 2 weeks' time. Am really hoping to get started in November! Although that may be a little ambitious. Still need to have my AMH levels tested, which I'm feeling really really nervous about. Everything else has come back fine and I'm only 27, but I'm still petrified, as there's always a chance I won't be working properly.

Just thought I'd update you with a more positive post, as despite being on CD3 I am feeling GREAT!!!! :\) :\) :\) :\)

Any advice on questions to ask or what will happen at the consultation anyone? xxxx

**also posted on LTTTC**

Replies

• That's great Tinydancer, good to hear things are moving on. What clinic did you decide on in the end? We are going to St. Bart's in London, hopefully will have a letter giving us an initial appointment date soon.
  • Hi tinybabydancer

I suppose all clinics are the same. Our first appointment we came out a bit bemused. So much information in such a short time you have with the consultant.

You could ask if you will need an ISI
    How long you will need to go on the pill for. Do you need to change your diet.
    Will you husband need DNA fragmentation tests.
    Will they do auto immune tests.
    Ask about ICSI, IVF and IUI. Take notes I wish I had done...

Everyone is different... But maybe November is too soon to start. Ive been on the pill for 6 weeks and start my sniffer on the 25 October. I don't start injecting till 5 November and eggs out on 18 nov implantation 5 day later... Also had to wait a while for all blood tests to come back and be analyzed...

Its such a relief just seeing the consultant you feel things are starting and will progress... Good luck

Em x
  • Hey Ladies,

Lougla, we're going to the Lister Fertility Clinic in London. Hope you get your appt date through soon. I'm really impatient so organised it on the phone!

Emma - Wow that does sound like a long process. It sounds like evryone has a different protocol so I guess it depends which one I need. Luckily we've already had the majority of the tests that are needed so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we won't have to wait too long before starting.

I agree, I feel so much happier just knowing we are doing SOMETHING! Good luck to you both xxxx
  • Yes MrsA, we went for a visit and I just felt really confident about them. We're seeing Dr Wren. It's not convenient for us to get to really, but hey, if it works it will be worth it!! Am hoping to get started before xmas although some have advised me this may be unrealistic but Lister seem to think this is do-able. We shall see what Dr Wren says at initial consultation. Who did you see? Cheers hon xx
  • Yes MrsA, we went for a visit and I just felt really confident about them. We're seeing Dr Wren. It's not convenient for us to get to really, but hey, if it works it will be worth it!! Am hoping to get started before xmas although some have advised me this may be unrealistic but Lister seem to think this is do-able. We shall see what Dr Wren says at initial consultation. Who did you see? Cheers hon xx
  • Hey MrsA, thanks for the advice about timings - that's really reassuring to hear! Good point about public transport - although I'm hoping we'd be all done by christmas. I know what you're saying about feeling bleugh, but I really don't mind how awful I feel if I get a BFP!!!!!!!!!! I'd do ANYTHING to have a reason not to be drinking at NY!!! xxx
  • Thanks MrsA that's really useful to know. I hope so too....should know by next weekend when we'll be able to start xx