Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

I can finally say the words "I'm..........

.........PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just does not feel real .

After 15 months TTC, 3 not so great sperm analyses for DH, a cycle of ICSI (IVF)........... it has finally happened!!!!!!!!!!! I never ever for one minture believed it would or could happen. But IVF has given us this chance, and gave me hope when I had none.

As many of you know I have had AF cramping on and off all week, and the only thing that relieves it is eating! I had completely given up all hope, but it seems it was a good sign after all (as many of you have been telling me all week!).
I haven't had any other symptoms of pregnancy, except occasional nausea with the cramping (also relieved by eating!!). Nothing else at all! I've felt like AF is coming, the only difference being that DH hasn't been annpying the hell out of me like he normally does when I'm pre-menstrual, and I haven't been teary and emotional.
I had some classic symptoms last week (sore boobs, metallic taste, weeing ++) but that all went soon after embryo transfer so am pretty sure it was all from the HCG trigger shot.

Anyway, we are absolutely delighted, but still very cautious. My 'official' test day from the clinic is tomorrow I think. I did a superdrug test this am (actually middle of the night at 3am!) which came up with a strong line immeditaely, even before the control line. And have to confess the same thing happened yesterday, but I wasn't sure if it was just HCG leftover from the trigger injection so didn't want to get too excited. Poor hubbie got woken both mornings at 3am! I am planning to do a CBD tomorrow and praying it is still BFP, and then hopefully get a scan to see how many are in there.

Thank you so much to all of you who kept me sane during this week in particular, but also the many weeks/months before that, I really cannot express how much it has meant to me. You are all amazing and I really hope that every one of you gets to expereince this moment. I won't be leaving here just yet, as I'd miss you all too much. As happy as I am that this part of my journey is (HOPEFULLY!) over, I would be sad not to speak to you guys. And I want to be there when you all get your BFP's anyway!!!!!!

Now it is a whole load more waits to see if all is ok.....and I'm already quite worried, but desperately trying to stay calm.

Loads of Love, TBD xxx

Replies

• OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

If I was aloud to jump up and down I would. Amazing news. Absolutely delighted for you...

Yeahhhhhhhh

Em x
  • OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

If I was aloud to jump up and down I would. Amazing news. Absolutely delighted for you...

Yeahhhhhhhh

Em x
  • FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Congratulations & take care image

Emma xx
  • Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Aww Congratulations!!!!

You'll have to keep us updated and let us know on your 6 week scan if your having twins! So pleased for you xxx
  • Fantastic!! Massive congrats!! xxx
  • I am so pleased for you, congratulations!!! Take care, and keep us updated x
  • Hey Ladies, just wanted to say thank you for all your messages, and sorry I haven't replied. I've been going to bed really early so just not had time but have been checking in on you all. I got 3+ on the CBD last Fri so that was very reassuring. I'm 5+4 today. But still not much in the way of symptoms, bit nauseous and sore boobs first thing in morning, but then fine all day. Either really hungry, or don't fancy eating anything. And tired. That's about it really. Am starting to get worried that I don't have more symptoms and also that today I have felt a bit AF'ish. It's very nerve-wracking and so hard to enjoy it all (which sounds really ungrateful.....and I am SO grateful to be in this position). Have 1st scan (privately) next week and dreading it, although can't wait either....and just hope we make it that far. Thanks again for your ongoing support.....you are all fantastic! xxx
  • Good luck with the scan. Once that's passed you can start to relax and enjoy it all properly x
  • Glad to hear all is still going well.
    Good luck with the scan, and please keep us posted!
    Take care!
    xx