Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Replies

• Oh no DG. I have everything crossed that it's just too early. I take it you tested without FMU? How many days after egg collection are you? And what brand of test?
    I hope so much it's wrong as you so deserve this.

Sending lots of hugs x
  • oh DG, I have replied on LTTTC but just to send you a big hug here too. So sorry. xx
  • Also posted in LTTTC

Hi girls

Thank you so much for your replies. We went to the clinic yesterday for the official test (including a blood test) and they confirmed what we already knew. Still no AF but I'm sure she'll arrive soon now that I've stopped taking any hormones. We decided, since we'd got the whole day off yesterday, we'd make a day of it instead of moping around, so we went into London, had a meal, some cocktails and went to see Dirty Dancing. It was actually, against the odds, a really lovely day.

We're both feeling pretty blue - DH actually took it worse than me on Tues. I think it's the first time it's really hit him that it might never work for us. I feel the other way though and I really don't know why. Although a BFP would have been just amazing I really do feel it's just the beginning of the journey. We got all the way through the IVF, which I always thought we might not and we made 2 lovely embryos so I'm just hoping it's a matter of when rather than if it's going to happen.

We have to have a couple of months off but I think we're then going to try and have another full IVF round. Even though we have one frozen embryo, with my high fsh, we could risk it getting worse if we wait much longer, so we've been advised to have a full cycle while we can so that we still have the hope of having more than one child (getting rather ahead of ourselves I know, but got to be optimistic!). We didn't find the full cycle too bad either, so I think we could cope with it. We'll then hopefully just have to cope with frozen transfers for a while, which sound much less daunting. For now, we're going to have a couple of months off (well, not off completely ;\) but chilling out and enjoying everything that isn't about ltttc). I'll still pop on and see how you're all doing but let me wish you all lots and lots of luck with ttc and with you're lovely growing bumps. I really can't tell you how much I've appreciated all of your support - thank you again.

Lots and lots of love

Daisy

xxx
  • So sorry about your bfn daisy girl. Fingers crossed for your next cycle. You really sound like you have a fab attitude and you deserve all the luck possible. Xx
  • so sorry to read your news i no how hard it all is fingers crosssed we can be cycle buddies on our next rounds we are just awaiting follow up appointment but at the mo have still not bled so could be a few months before we try again but remaining positive xxxx