Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First Injection done :o)

Hubby done my injection last night was to bad it stung a little but nothing really bad roll on next 14 days so we can get them on board x

Replies

• well done Mrssmith - glad to hear it wasn't too sore. Hope the next few days go quickly for you! xx
  • Yes good luck Mrs S. The injections can't be pleasant but it must be so exciting knowing you are so close now. Good Luck Honey x
  • Well done, they aren't too bad are they? I think it's more the thought of sticking something sharp in yourself intentionally!
    Keep us updated with your progress.
  • feeling a bit low today but all good, JCB did you do anything to help them grow so to speak i have heard about hot water bottles?
  • Hi mrssmith,
    I obviously avoided alcohol and caffeine, and stopped going to my usual gym classes. What drug are you on? I was on the short protocol so was lucky only to have to inject for 8 days including the trigger.
    Otherwise, I just left things to fate. You should drink plenty of water too. Syptom-wise, I got increased cm, headaches and towards the end, discomfort and bloating in the lower abdomen.
    Unfortunately, everyone responds differently but as they scan you frequently, your docs will be able to adjust your doses as required. I think they were a bit worried at one stage that I might over-stimulate but I didn't. Out of 20 follicles at the last count, they only collected 8 eggs, which I was surprised about.
    Let us know how you get on, and thinking about you.
  • Hi JCB i'm on menpour have my first scan on day 8 which is friday am avoiding everything i poss can and am felling quite bloated already and feel very unattractive which isn't nice i'm just starting to get very worried about it all i have everything pinned on this and i just really really want it so much don't no what i will do if doesn't work but am trying to be positive x How many weeks are you now?
  • Good luck Mrs S
    I think the first injection is the worst - as said its just the idea of stabbing yourself that is so alien
    fingers crossed for you
    XXXXX
  • Hi mrssmith,
    Know what you mean about the bloating-it can get quite sore. I remember it being quite sore even walking as egg collection day drew nearer!
    Really have got everything crossed for you. It's so hard though to stay positive, isn't it? You will have good and bad days.
    I have my 7 week scan on Friday-so scared as I miscarried at 7 weeks exactly, in December. My husband and I have hardly had an unbroken night's sleep for the past month!
    Good luck.
    xxx
  • Gosh i can imagine you are both nervous i will keep everything crossed for you both I have my scan friday to check they are growing ok bring on scan day. I just can't imagine seeing the words pregnant i have never had it and after 3 years of testing think i will just scream lol

Thank you all for your comments you keep my chin up xx
  • Thanks mrssmith,
    Fingers crossed for us both for Friday-hope your follicles are growing well.
    xxx
  • Hi Mrs Smith,

Hope your husband has perfected the art of pain free injections!

Good luck for you both on friday

xxxx
  • Hi MrsSmith, sorry I'm late!! Been away but I'm really pleased things are starting to move in the right direction for you.

Good luck for Friday and keep us posted.

xxx