Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Calling all IVF Ladies

(Also posted in LTTTC)

Hi girls

I wondered if I could pick your brains? I'm at the start of my first IVF cycle and began injecting Supracur on Friday. Tomorrow I start the Menopur in the evening too and I wondered if anyone could let me know what dose they had to take and how long they had to do the Menopur injections? My FSH is 11 so a little high and they've told me to use 8 ampules per night. I know I've got to trust my consultant but that seems really high and I just wondered if anyone else had to use that much and if it makes me at increased risk of OHSS. Also, I'm not sure I've got enough of the Menopur. I have 5 days worth, but I got the impression I would be injecting it for longer than that. I'm going to call the clinic tomorrow to ask, but be great to hear from anyone who has experience and can let me know what they did.

Thanks!

x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

I didn't have the same drugs as you, I had Puregon and can't really give that much info but re the not having enough, my dr told me they prescribe it as you go along so when you go for your scan to see how you are responding if everything is coming along nicely they will prescribe more. Its a little frustrating especially if your buying your drugs from outside and need to put your order in the day before, but it saves you wasting money if your cycle is abandoned.

Good luck image
  • Options
    Hi Daisy

To start with i was on 1 then two on alternate nites which is 75 and 150 as they did not want me to over stim due to pcos but i had mine increased to 150 and 225 which is 2 one nite and 3 the next and i done injections for 18 day due to poor response. Have you got a frist scan booked in they will be able to adjust you does depending on the results x
  • Options
    Hi girls

Many thanks for your replies. Fairy - you're right, it sounds as if I'll be prescribed the drugs as I go along, but I can get them from the clinic, which is good - better than having to wait in for a delivery every other day!
    Mrssmith - we have the first scan on Friday, so I guess we'll see how things are progressing and go from there. Sounds as we're completely opposite, they were worried about you over stimming and are worried about me under stimming! Never easy is it?!

x

• Options
    HI DG
    I don't start this road til September,so can't give any real advice on the drugs etc at this stage, but I just wanted to say I am thinking of you xx