Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Shock at scan

Hi, I went for a scan and blood test today, to check hormone levels etc, and as I hadn't had an AF since end of September. I was mid scan when the nurse said she needed to get the Dr, I was panicking about getting bad news about my Overies. The Dr looked at the screen, then asked if I was getting pregnancy symptoms, I have some which would suggest it, if it wasn't impossible (I had my tubes tied years ago). She them said that there was a lump which she said she belived was a baby, turning the screen towards me. It really did look like the start of a bub! However, DH and I haven't had sex for about six weeks, although in the shock I said it must be about 2/3 months. Dr said it must be a blood clot or something as if it was a baby it would be very early pregnancy. They ha
ve done a pregnancy test and said if it was positive they would phone me, I know I can't be pregnant, but seeing that 'lump' has left me feeling so desperate and emotional. We start IVF in May and I cant wait! This just feels rather cruel.
Sorry, just had to get this off my chest, I'm sitting here holding my stomach wishing it was a miracle, but I know it will turn out to be a heavy, nasty period about to arrive. :\(

Thanks for listening xxx

Replies

• Options
    Just rang the fretility centre - began to really get my hopes up, working out dates, looking at pics on the internet, which added up to it seeming more likely. But (why is there always a but??) when I rang, the pregnancy test was negative. Will get the other results in the next weeks. Oh well, knew in my heart it would be too good to be true. xxx
  • Options
    So sorry hun, good luck with ivf in may xx
  • Options
    g/c just wanted to say Im sorry it wasnt the miricle you was hoping for and good luck for your IVF hope 2010 is a good year for you! xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, it threw me a bit, but over it now, and preparing myself for the IVF - healthy eating, excercise, money (!). Sending good wishes to all for 2010 xxx
  • Options
    good luck and I hope you have some good news soon.