Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fluid In Tube

HI all,
Just after some more advice if possible please.
I was due to start IVF last month but when I went for the scan on Day 2 of cycle, they found fluid in my one remaining tube and around my right ovary.
My consultant has decided that due to the number of operations Ive already had, it is too dangerous to operate to remove the tube, so instead we are going ahead with the IVF and hoping everything will be ok.
I had my Day 2 scan again last saturday and the fluid around my ovary has moved slightly which is good news, so hopefully they will be able to use that ovary now as well, but the fluid was still in the tube.
I am now on Day 5 of my injections and all being well should have EC on 10th September, but I am worrtying about this fluid and what it can actually do.
Has anyone any experience of this and please be honest at the outcome.
Thank You:\?

Replies

• Hi there,
    I had IVF in March & the nurses mentioned fluid in tube(s). Since they are bypassing the tubes with IVF it shouldn't matter too much if there is fluid there....as far as I know any way. I was really lucky & my treatment worked first time! They put 2 embros back & both split !!!. I got to 21 weeks with my quads but sadly gave birth but they were too immature to make it. I will try again June 2010 if nature doesn't help me out before then.
    Mine is an extreme case but I can't see why your IVF couldn't work too.
    I will have everything crossed for you x
  • Hi Wooly,
    Thank you for your reply. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it must have been truly heartbreaking for you. I will keep my fingers crossed that Mother Nature sends you all the luck in the world. When you had your IVF, did the nurse tell you that you had fluid in your tubes?Regarding the fluid I have , I was told by a nurse the last time I went that there is a possibility of it washing the embryo away and Ive even read it can poison the embryo which is frightening me.
    To go through all the injections and EC etc, to then have the embryo washed out would be devestating.
    But Im keeping fingers crossed that that doesnt happen.
    Thanks again Woolyimage

• They implant the embryo in the uterus & hopefully it takes hold. Having watched them do it on the screen I don't know how it would get washed away. I never knew it could get poisioned but hey I suppose the body is a complexed thing.

Positive thoughts are required for us all.....insted of focusing on what if it doesn't work, lets try to think why wouldn't it work. Take care x
  • Thanks again Wooly,
    Ive got my EC tomorrow at 11.30am, 4 days earlier than I expected as my scan was very good on saturday. Will keep you posted and thanks again for your advice.
    Definitely focusing on the positive, from now on and doing lots of relaxing and positive thinking.