Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Back and ready for FET

Hi,

Some of you may remember me from the end of last year. I had a failed 1st IVF attempt but luckily we have 5 frozen embryos to try with.

Sorry I've been away from the forum so long but I really found it tough and decided it would be best to try and avoid all things IVF related for a while.

Anyway, we had an appointment with our cons in Feb and he said that we could come in for FET as soon as I'd had 2 'normal' cycles. I had to test for ovulation to see when things went back to normal and it's taken a lot longer than I'd hoped. My cycles have increased in length and I haven't been ovulating since IVF.

Now on my 4th cycle and have just got a positive on the ovulation test today!! I've never looked forward to getting AF so much in my life!! So excited as it could now only be 4 weeks until we get our next try!

Wish me luck
D x

Replies

• Good luck, keeping everything crossed for you. I really hope it works for you this time. Keep us posted x
  • Good luck donna! xx
  • Dear Donna 1981,

Firstly let me wish you the very best of luck. Also just wanted to share a bit of experience with you. Our clinic suggested my wife should have a hysteroscopy before the FET apparently it increases the chances of success with the transfer.

She did and both embryos took so you might want to enquire about that. Also my wife had her Hysteroscopy done privately under her private medical cover from work so did not have to pay anything for it.

Keep us posted as to how you get on.
  • Dear Donna 1981,

Firstly let me wish you the very best of luck. Also just wanted to share a bit of experience with you. Our clinic suggested my wife should have a hysteroscopy before the FET apparently it increases the chances of success with the transfer.

She did and both embryos took so you might want to enquire about that. Also my wife had her Hysteroscopy done privately under her private medical cover from work so did not have to pay anything for it.

Keep us posted as to how you get on.
  • Thanks for your support.

KS9 thanks for sharing your experience. If the transfer doesn't work this time then that's definitely something I'll ask about.
  • Glad to hear you can get started again soon Donna. Wishing you loads and loads of luck xx
  • Hi we*want*a*furball

I'm lucky enough that I'm having a naturl drug free cycle. Just started testing using my ov kit so hopefully should be going in for the transfer in the next week or so.

How many are you having put back in? I'm still undecided but running out of time to make my mind up.

Good luck and let me know how everything goes x