Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Help! Think I've made a mistake...Update!

Hi Ladies,

Hoping someone can offer advise as I'm panicking a bit. I'm down regging at the moment with 0.5ml of suprecur (buserelin) injections. A vial should last 11 days, so I should have finished my first vial on Saturday. However, I still have some left (I think 2/3 days worth) and now I'm really worried I've just been injecting thin air into myself instead of the drugs at some point over the last week or so!!

Am scared to call ACU yet as I feel like such an idiot and I'm meant to have first scan to check my systems have shut down on Wednesday.

Does anyone know if down regging will still have worked if I've missed a dose? Or will I need to abandon this cycle?

Am so stressed with work and everything too. Feel like such a muppet to have waited so many years to get here and then potentially bugger it up straightaway. :\(

Hope someone can offer some comfort xx

Update: Just wanted to say a HUUUUGGEE thanks to all you lovely, lovely ladies for putting my mind at rest. I'm glad to say I was panicking over nothing, all is well and I've started menopur. Scan date is next Friday and if all goes well then, then egg collection will be on 14th. So thanks again for being so supportive xxx image

[Modified by: Moggs on 02 December 2009 20:35:15 ]

Replies

• Sorry, I'm gatecrashing, but does it not say on the vial how much is in it? All I'm thinking is that if it is a 25ml vial then you should have some left at the end of the 11 days (11x0.5ml is only 22ml) Don't know if that helps put your mind at rest or not?
    xx
  • Hi Bedhead, thanks for coming back. It's a 5.5ml vial, so 11 days worth. Hoping that I'm panicking for nothing! xx :roll::roll:
  • Hi Moggs,
    I don't think you need to worry, i've done 14 injections of supracur also and have just come to the end of my vial, think the vials just have a little more in them, i give injections at work regularly so know i've been drawing them up correctly as i'm sure you have. So don't worry but if it puts your mind at rest call the clinic. When is your scan, mines on the 9th, think thats when i start stimming! All very exciting! How are you finding it all?x
  • Hey hon, I didn't have that particular drug, but my gonal f injections definitely had extra in (for priming the needle etc). Try not to worry and phone the unit to get their advice,.....I'm sure you won't be the first one it's happened too!! Lots of luck xx
  • Sorry, just realised that my maths was rubbish anyway!! 11 x 0.5 is nothing like 22ml :lol:
  • Thanks guys - am really hoping the vials had a little bit more in. Honestly, if I don't have something to worry about I'll worry about that!

Tinkerbelle - apart from a panic, I'm doing OK. Got 1st scan tomorrow and will start menopur then too I think, Have been OK, but very tired, a bit emotional and I'm peeing a lot more (sorry, tmi!). It is exciting though! Hubby is beside himself, bless him.

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate it xx
  • Good luck with the scan today Moggs. xx
    Tinkerbelle... hoep you are doing OK too and hope those follicles are growing for you, xx
  • Hey Moggs,

I am new to specific IVF drugs but as a practice nurse I am not new to general vials of drugs.

When I am drawing up vaccination it's not unusual to have the required ammount in the syringe, yet a drop or two still floating around in the vial.

So basically, don't worry!!! :\) xxx
  • Not sure if anyone will see a new post on here after so long. I'm new to this, but - 

This is exactly my predicament, except that I feel certain that I've had either 1, or perhaps 2 days where I have injected pure air.

Tapping out the non-existent air bubbles today, (which I was very smug about yesterday), I became suspicious, and so, pushed out the excess fluid, only to find that there was no fluid in the syringe at all. 

I was holding the half-full vial in a position where the longer needle didn't draw out any liquid.

Obviously I corrected myself this evening. But, please! What consequences? Please someone reply.

Many Thanks in advance!

• Hiya Doody86,
    Welcome to MadeForMums! You've happened to post on quite an old discussion thread, though, so it may be that folks won't see your post. Might we suggest starting a new thread posing your question? If you need any help with this, please do just let us know.