Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fertilisation *UPDATE Two embies transferred - now in 2WW*

Well, I just got The Call. Of my six eggs, five were suitable for fertilisation, and as of just now we have three embryos. Assuming they all survive till tomorrow, we have the wonderful decision to make about how many to put back - as I am now 40, we could put all three, but I think that's just too high risk. I'm inclined to go for two and see if we can freeze the third, but would be interested in anyone else's views.

It was a wonderful moment to call my husband and tell him that as of this moment, he has as many children as his sister and one of my sisters do, and more children than two of my brothers! I then called my parents and told them they have three more tiny grandchildren in a petri dish.

I know how much can still go wrong, but I'm going to go with the flow and savour this moment. Embryo transfer is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon so that's the next hurdle to get through. Thanks so much to all of you for all your support - it really means a lot to me. x

[Modified by: LDOM on 16 October 2009 16:33:11 ]

Replies

• Gatecrashing but I have been following your story - Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow afternoon. I hope that the embies get nice and snug in there. image Sending positive vibes...

G.x
  • Another gatecrasher here LDOM - hope you don't mind but I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the luck in the world with tomorrows transfer...will be thinking of you and willing those little embies on!! xxxx
  • Thats great news.
    We are putting 2 back in... We are really hoping for a 2 for 1 deal but not 3 im only 5ft... And my husband was a 12Ib baby...Yikes.

So delighted for you and fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon. The 2 week wait is to come so keep us posted.

Em x
  • Ps.... Remember feet up and be pampered.
  • OOOOH, good luck LDOM-can't believe you're at that stage already!

Not sure about how many to put back but maybe take their advice when they know the quality of the embryos. When we got our BFP (unfortunately, m/c again :cryimage, we were only going to put 1 back but the embryologist advised 2 as the quality were poor.

The actual transfer is fine, only problem is the full bladder which can get a bit uncomfortable! It doesn't take long though.

Wishing you and your OH all the very best. Just think you are already 1 day into your 2ww!!!
  • Wonderful, wonderful news LDOM XXX
  • Oh LDOM I am over the moon for you. That's such a fab fab result, and must be amazing to know you and your husband have 3 mini-yous grwoing as we speak. I think maybe you should try not to think too much about this decision as it could be taken out of your hands and then it would be even more upsetting if you'd set your heart on something. Am really hoping you have 3 top-grade embies to put back tomorrow though. I agree that it may be best to wait and see what embryoloigst says tomorrow. Just for the record, if it were me I'd probably go for 2 and freeze one because it will give you a chance for a brother/sister ina yr or so's time!! I'd love twins but agree 3 would be a bit too much hard work. Wow, am so so excited for you honey xxxx
  • Thanks so much, ladies. I had a good chat with hubby last night, and we've decided that if they all survive the night, we'll aim to transfer two and freeze one. I'd love to have twins if I could guarantee the pregnancy would go well and they'd be healthy, but a single pregnancy is safer - transferring two gives us the possibility of twins but also a greater likelihood of one of them sticking. If number 3 isn't good enough to freeze, we'll transfer all three and leave it in God's hands - it's so unlikely that all three would stick that I think it's a risk worth taking.

I'm actually dreading the transfer, as I have a tilted cervix and find smear tests incredibly uncomfortable - and that's without the full bladder! Anyway, according to my acupuncturist research has shown that having acupuncture within hours before and after transfer can help, so I've got an appointment with the acupuncturist at 11:30, then transfer is at 3 and I'm back with the acupuncturist at 6:30.

Meanwhile, hubby is at work - he asked if I minded, and I said, "As long as you don't mind that another man will hopefully be getting me pregnant while you're at work."

My aim for this morning (TMI) is to have a poo! I haven't been since I went in for egg collection, and I really don't want to be straining when I've got the little chaps on board, so it's a big bowl of fruit 'n' fibre and lots of hot drinks now in the hope of moving something down there. I had no bleeding straight after EC, but last night and this morning I had quite a lot of CM streaked with old blood, so I'm hoping that'll stop before this afternoon as well.

Will update when it's all over... xx
  • good luck xxx
  • Best of luck LDOM xxxx

Love the "another man making me pregnant" comment - very funny!! :lol:
  • Ohhh Ldom this is so exciting I have a big grin on my face cause i cant stop smiling for you both!!!.

Good luck hun xxxx
  • Thanks so much ladies.

Well, little Viennetta (the one we were going to freeze) didn't make it, but the other two are now hopefully nestling down for a nine month stay in their new home. Transfer was definitely uncomfortable, but not as bad as I was expecting, and was over MUCH quicker than I expected. Now to put my feet up and start working on ways to get through the 2WW... xx
  • Oh Ldom that's good that you were able to have 2 put back, im sorry about little viennetta.

Def put your feet up well try & come up with ways to keep you occupied for the 2ww. Wishing you lots & lots of luck huni xxxx
  • LDOM. I'm so glad today has gone well. I have everything crossed for you that your two little embies are getting very comfortable for the next nine months.

xx
  • Thanks ladies.

Laujai, I think I need to borrow your puppy - that would keep me entertained for a couple of weeks...! xx
  • Oh LDOM that's great news honey. 2 embies on board...pregnant until proven otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray. How does it feel?
    Sorry to hear about vienetta though. Must be sad. But hey, if you have twins that will keep you occupied for a while anyway. Keep us posed xxx
  • I'm gate crashing here but just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world for your 2 little embryos. Keep your feet up now, in 9 months you'll hopefully be far too busy to get any rest.
  • G/c but just want to wish you all the luck in the world, fingers crossed for you.
    Take it easy.
    CB
    Xx
  • G/C but have been following your progress and want to wish you all the best. You really deserve it. Will be following your story! xx

[Modified by: JunieMummy on October 18, 2009 07:37 AM]

• Thank you so much ladies - your support really means a lot to me.

Over the weekend, every time I got a twinge, my poor hubby was trying to analyse it - in all my previous 2WWs I offloaded on here rather than telling him about it, so this is his first fully conscious 2WW. I'm hoping we both stay relatively sane for the next 12 days... xx