Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Probably tmi but is this as positive as I think?

Hi ladies,

This is a question for those who have been through IVF/ICSI. I have been using the Synarel Nasal Spray since sunday, was due a period the day before on 28 day cycle but I am normally 32-34 days. I haven't had any side effects but doing it very carefully and I am getting the horrid aftertaste. My accupuncturist thinks I am getting the full dose after i discussed what I do to her. Anyway, I remember a nurse saying that I will lose the womb lining using the sprays so not to worry if I see blood. Tonight, when I wiped after a wee (here's the tmi bit - sorry), there was quite a lot of pink smear, like the start of a period. I am only 5 days in so confused as to whether this is just period or if this is the bleed she was on about, or is it the same thing??? Does this mean that I am responding well to the drugs and my body has already started shutting down? This is probably a really stupid question but with no side effects it makes you paranoid!! On some websites it says that you phone the clinic when you get a period so they can do a blood test to confirm you have down regged fully, my clinic doesn't do that so the bleeding thing hasn't been explained. It is three weeks of sprays before the injections which is the longest time you can do the spray compared to some protocols and clinics. They started me on their timetable not due to where I was in my cycle. Sorry for the garbled post, hope everyone is well xxx

Replies

• Options
    hey honey
    I was given an injection to downreg, but they did want a period as the lining of your womb being thin is part of you being down reg'd. I know there are woman who haven't had a bleed who had to down reg for longer until they did bleed. So I guess what i'm trying to say is that yes a bleed is a good sign. If/Once its full flow I would call your clinic and let them know. with me I had an appointment to go in for a scan and blood test to see if i had down reg'd (which i had) which they had given me when I got the injection.
    Hope all goes well for you! keep us posted!
    xx
  • Options
    thanks Danipink,

AF is in full flow, but clinic didn't say to let them know. They wouldn't check as I am not scheduled to go in until 13th July for a scan and blood test. They work to a timetable so even if I have down regged already, they wouldn't let me start injections anyway, guess I just have to keep going for another two and a half weeks! I'm pleased that I've got the lining thinned though, at least I know its a step in the right direction lol.

Thanks for the advice, take care xxx