Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Bad news

Hi,

Started on Saturday with period pains and woke up this morning to brown spotting. Rang the IVF unit and they said to carry on with progesterone and not to test yet as I may get a false positive or a chemical pregnancy (am 12 days post egg collection). Since then blood has turned to red and getting very strong period pains now, Tested anyway and it was negative.

At least it didn't all start on xmas day and we've still got frozen embryo's left over.

Have told most of the family now which was horrible and to be honest just feel relieved that it's all over. I know that next time I won't be telling anyone at work as it's just too hard to tell people when it hasn't worked.

Anyway, just thought I would let you all know xx

Replies

• Hi Syd,

Was so sad to read your post...

Good luck for FET (think you made it to blastocyst stage?)

Do you think it's worth having 2 implanted next time? Statistically it should up your chances of a BFP...

Alison xx
  • So sorry to hear that Syd. It must be devastating after putting all your hopes into this. As you say, it's great you still have frozen embryos. Hope you can still enjoy christmas and new year xx
  • oh honey, really sorry to hear that.
    Really good to her you still have frozen embryos to try with.
    Enjoy christmas and heres to a great 2010!
  • Hi,

Yes we made it to blastocyst stage, it's so frustrating because everything seemed to go well during the cycle, spoke to the nurse today and she said they probably won't do anything differently next time because it went well, just unfortunately didn't get the end result that we hoped for.

Am definitely going to ask for two next time. They would only allow one first time around due to my age and quality of embryos but seen as we now have a failed cycle I'm hoping they will allow 2. Has anyone been through a frozen cycle? Just wondering whether they will defrost all blastocysts at the same time (we have 4). Seems like a waste, especially if they'll only let me have one put back in xx
  • Oh Syd I am so sorry to hear that it didn't go to plan.
    I have everything crossed for the next cycle, and I really hope they will let you put two back in next time. xx
  • Sorry it wasn't succesful for you, let's hope next time will bring a BFP for you. xxx
  • So sorry Syd, I know exactly how you feel after having gone through exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

I also have frozen embryos and don't really know what comes next. Not sure how FET works. I also want to try to convince them to let me have 2 put back in next time.

I've got my appointment on 11th January so will keep you posted with what they say.
  • Dear Syd, I am so sorry.

I have a suggestion though, ask your clinic whether they suggest doing a hysteroscopy before the next transfer of the frozen embryos. Apparently it makes it easier for the embryo to implant. My wife had this prior to transferring of 2 frozen embryos and both of them implanted and she was pregnant with twins. We lost them at 24 weeks due to a placental abruption but I hope and pray this year will bring us better luck with a baby.

I pray that god gives you some better luck too.