Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Better News!!!

I wanted to start a new thread with this, trying to forget the last few days!

i went to the clinic this morning for my blood test. We explained what had been going on and the nurse said that it didn't look good. After taking some blood (I had to lie down as due to the upset and the fact she couln't get a vein I almost fainted!), we went home and I spent most of the day crying my eyes out. I rang up at four for the results and got a different nurse who knew all the history though, and she gave us some fantastic news. They look for a measurement of 50 units or more per whatever of blood, mine was 93!!! She said that the bleeding was still a worry but hopefully it would stop. I havent bled since this morning so fingers croosed! I am going in again on Thurs for another test to check the levels are rising ok - this morning she said it was vital, this afternoon, they said optional - I'm going though to put my mind at rest. I am so relieved, i know I still run the risks that every pregnancy holds, but for this moment in time, and hopefully for the next 8 months - I AM PREGNANT!!!!! (Officially lol)

Thank you all so much for your support through this whole thing, you are true friends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hi Lori

I was so pleased to see your new post and I really hope that things keep going well. Fingers crossed for continued good news on Thursday. Hope you can manage to relax in the mean time and take it easy.

Thinking of you x
  • Hi lori,

I'm so pleased you got a good result!!! I will keep everything crossed that you've got a sticky bean/beans in there and that your levels keep on rising. Well done missy, and congratulations!!!!

.x.
  • Hi lori, so pleased that you had good news today and the bleeding has stopped! hope all goes well on thurs! will continue to have everything crossed for you! X
  • Lori thats fantastic!!!! Congratulations!! I've logged on specially to see how you went today-on hols! and I'm so chuffed for you!!!
    Helen.xxx
  • Careful girls, pregnant women cry easy! lol. I'm really chuffed by all the lovely posts, i am sitting here with a tears in my eyes. I'll update again on Thursday when I get the next results, but i must admit I'm feeling really positive now xxxx
  • Fantastic news! Many congratulations, xx
  • Lori, Congrats, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and will look out for your post tomorrow.

Sarah
    xx
  • Congratulations pregnant lady!!! I logged on so many times at work yesterday to look for your post and was thinking about you last night as I couldn't get on my internet at home.
    I am so relived for you, it sounds really promising and sounds like the hospital are doing lots to reassure you and it's good that they will keep testing you as this will put your mind at rest. Are you off work for the rest of the week? If so take it easy, put your feet up and relax and maybe sit in the garden and enjoy the sunshine. I am soooooo happy for you my fellow ICSI-er!
    Keep in touch. Sending loads of sticky dust, Kate xxxxxxxx
  • Thanks Kate, I am waiting til thursdays result to introduce myself in DIA, cant wait tho! Trying to work out what to do next, do i make an appt with GP to get a widwife now? What stage are you at? x
  • Hi again Lori, I have only just gone to DIA yesterday, they were all so welcoming, especially when I said that it had been due to IVF/ICSI.
    I rung my Doctors because I didn't go to my clinic for a test, I just had to phone them with my own results and then they gave me an appointment for my scan but it's not until 27th August as the consultant is away until then!
    In the meantime, I rang my Doctors as I have a lot of allergies and medications and felt like I needed to speak to someone in authority! My GP called me and had a chat and reassured me and then booked me in with the midwife who I saw yesterday. She was really helpful and did my full booking in appointment, gave me green forms and loads of booklets and information and said the hospital will also write to me about my 12 week scan.
    I have to say I am still feeling like it is a bit of a dream! I am still POAS every other day as that's my only reassurance for now and I like getting the 2 lines!!! Let me know what happens next with you and come and join me in DIA soon! xxxx
  • OMG, you have done so much! I cant wait to see the midwife and get my folder - blue folder or something is it? The one for all your records, anyway.

I am so excited, I've just made a llist of everything we need to buy, and looked through the Mothercare catalogue lol.

I have seen on some forums on BE that getting to see a midwife is difficult, mind you I live in a small town kind of area so I shouldn't have any problems. I will phone my GP on Friday after my blood test results tomorrow!!!

Maybe see you on DIA tomorrow night! xxxx
  • I am so happy for you ladies - save me a space image xx
  • I m so happy 4u..... takecare....lots love
    Aru