Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2ww - frozen embryo cycle

Hi,

I'm new to this forum lark but not to IVF. I'm 4 days in to my 2ww. I'm on my frozen embryo cycle having miscarried my fresh cycle at 6 weeks. This 2ww is definately easier than first time around. My pregnancy test is booked for 4th June.

Just wondering if there is anyone else in the same position? I don't have anyone to talk to that really knows what its like.

Beckles

Replies

• Good luck with your 2ww, like Mrs Amanda I have some frosties to use for next time

Annette xx
  • Hi,

This 2ww is feeling a bit different to my last one. I'm getting very mild cramps, like AF is on its way, and also lower back pain. Feeling a bit queasy at random times during the day and off normal food. I am finding I'm eating a lot of sweet things instead. It's very unlike me, I'm normally a savory kinda gal.

Can't tell if its side effects of the drugs or not. Didn't feel anything all the way through my last 2ww. I know each one can be different.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Hopefully these are all good signs fingers crossed xxx
  • It just gets more strange. Now, I can't touch my skin with anything without coming out in weird white bumps and intolerable itching. I'm covered in calamine lotion and trying not to scratch. Doctor says I can take piriton and just wait and see how it goes. Completely lost my appitite and feeling a lot more sensitive to pain. Injections are agony now. I tried plucking my eyebrows this morning and was amazed at how much it hurt. NOT looking forward to going back to work on Monday.
    xx
  • Good luck Beckles. I had AF like pains two to three days after a 5 day blastocyst transfer. Thought it was all over but was it was implantation it turns out.
    So hopeful
    Take care
    XXX
  • Hi MrsAmanda,

No I can't stay off work. I'm a high school biology teacher and we've just come to the end of half term holiday. Lots of my classes have exams coming up. I called the clinic this morning and they've made me an appointment for tomorrow. They said I may be having a reaction to the gestone injections. I've had gestone in the past with my first cycle and didn't have any reaction but I suppose they know best. If anything I would have thought it was the oestrogen. They said the doctor would check me out and probably put me on progesterone pessaries. They are reported to have less side effects. In the meantime the nurse said I can take piriton. I'm already covered in calamine lotion.

At least all this is taking my mind off the 2ww. lol.

Thanks for your support. What's your story?

xx
  • Hi, J_Jenco,

Thanks for you message, it's really encouraging.
    Keeping everything crossed...

xx
  • Beckles-if you've managed to wait this long without testing, well done, and the very best of luck for tomorrow.
    Let us know how you get on.
  • Hi Beckles,
    Hope your itchiness is behavingand you have fabulous news to share...
    xxxx