Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

NOT SURE IF I BELONG HERE!

hi ladies,
i dont know if many of you will remember me, my name is stacey and DH and i have been trying for a baby for about 3 years now, DH has low sperm count. i am 21 and he is 23. we were refered to consultant twice who said we needed ICSI, but the NHS will NOT fund us until im 23!!! so we were discharged (for a second time) so basically we have to wait until im 23 then we can be put on the waiting list and will be funded for the treatment, so in the mean time we are just trying. but that doesnt make us waiting for ICSI/IVF (what this forum is for). so i dont know if i belong in this forum until im on the waiting list.

sorry for the rant jsut needed someone to listen

love Mrs E xx

Replies

• Hello mrse, Sorry to hear about your difficulties. The waiting is awful isn't it. At least it's 23 where you are though...in my area it's 36!!! Which is a 9 yr wait for me... This forum seems pretty quiet - have you checked out long-term ttc, there's lots more of us over there and everyone is very supportive. Good luck hon xxx
  • Hi Mrs E

I echo about the waiting - we have been waiting since March 2007 and are only now approaching our 2nd IUI attempt!!

TBD is right - this forum is quite quiet at the moment, although when i have my second IUI in hopefully 3 weeks time (fingers,toes and everything else crossed) i will not doubt clog it up!!

Head over to LTTTC - everyone there is really supportive.

S x
  • thnks ladies, i was on there for as llllllllllllong time lol. i loved it then i transfered to here when this new forum started, i think ill go back, but will keep flitting between the two xx yer it is really quiet in here xx