Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

14 Follicles!

Hi,

Had my first scan today after starting stimming injections. There were 7 follicles on each ovary but she did say that most of them were quite small so they have increased my dosage of stimming meds up to 3 vials (from 2). I'm a bit worried now that they were small, never asked her the relevance as at the time I was just pleased with the number so never thought to ask anything else! Has this happened to anyone else? xxx

Replies

• Don't panic Syd, it was your first scan and it is good that you had some follicles growing. Hopefully they will grow much quicker now with the increased dosage. I think they need to be between 18-21mm for egg collection?!
    xxx
  • Dont worry, on my first try with injections i only made one small follicle, iv just recently had the 2nd try with a higher does & today found i have one large one of 18mm (and 7-8 smaller ones). Good luck & dont give up hope image x
  • Hi,

Well had egg retrieval yesterday and ended up with 8 good sized eggs and a further small one. Am waiting for phone call tomorrow morning for update on fertilisation. Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach today but hopefully it will all be worth it! Think I am just going to worry all the way through!

How is your treatment going Laura? x
  • Hey syd - 8 is a great number!!! Well done. I got 8 too, 7 were suitable for injection and all 7 fertilised. It is quality not quantity that counts. Loads of luck for the phone call tomorrow...it is very nerve-wracking, but I am sure you'll have some little embryos dividing as we speak!! Every step closer does bring a new thing to worry about....try to keep positive and go with the flow as much as you can (easier said than doen I know!!) xx