Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan very nervous x

Got first scan tomorrow to see how well folicles are growing an am very nervous and not sure what to expect help anyone?

Replies

• Options
    Aww Hun you will be fine. It will be an internal scan and they will have a look at your lining to check it is thickening and they will have a look at each ovary to get an idea of how many and the rough sizes. It isn't painful maybe a little uncomfortable will be over in around 5mins

Good luck xxxx
  • Options
    Hi mrssmith,
    Fairy has explained it really-they will measure each follicle, one ovary then the other. As fairy said, it might be uncomfortable but not painful as such. As you get towards egg collection, it can be more tender as the ovaries have been stimulated.
    Hope it goes well and that they are growing well.
    xxx
  • Options
    Good luck with it Mrssmith - I don't have experience of this yet, but will be in a few months when we start our treatment, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on. xx
  • Options
    Hope all went okay with the scan x
  • Options
    Scan went fine today i have between 4-7 folciles on each ovary and the biggest it at 11mm so still away to go so i have just had my injection updated to alot more so next scan wednesday so fingers crossed xx
  • Options
    Well done Mrs sounds like your doing well image
    xxx