Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hormone Injections and low AMH

Hello,

Was wondering if any of you have had hormone injection to try and stimulate your ovaries??

Up until now everything has been fine, bloods, SA, Lap & Dye. My Consultant suggested I pay for an AMH blood test and it has come back at 3.55, which indicates Low Fertility...... which, at the age of 36, isn't rocket science!!! As I now how to go private, as Surrey have an FSH level cut off for Fertility treatment, I have been to BUPA and seen a Consultnat who recommended Hormone injections to see if we can stimulate my ovaries into releasing mature eggs...... I'm OV'ing every month but the AMH indicates that they may ot be maturing enough.

Has anyone else had an AMH test with a low result or Hormone injections to stimulate their ovaries, but not for IVF???

xxxx

Replies

• Hey babyhope, I am afraid I can't help with this, but hate seeing posts with no replies. I hope you find some answers. Have you had a look on the fertility friends support forums - they are for people going through fertility treatments so I'm sure others' on there must have experienced similar. Good luck hon xx
  • babyhope...

i am on injections to simulate my ovaries and then I take a trigger injection when my follicles have reached a certain size.I am also having this private. I have to have one month on, one month off and we have 3 attempts. I get monitored from day 10 to check the size of the the follicles and once they are over 14mm they will release them.

I am currently on my month off, and I should be starting next week when my af rears its ugly head!

Ask away if you have any questions.
    XX
  • Thanks girls for your replies.

RachieS - It looks like we'll be on these the same months. Could I ask why you are on them? Only reason I ask is I'm ovulating and haven't heard of anyone else on them apart from to make you ovulate. Did you have an AMH test??? When I had my scan at the Consult they could see 7-8 follicles in my right ovary, 2-3 of which were at 15mm, and my left ovary there was fewer but still 2 were 11mm and 13mm!!!!

We had our injections trial on Wed night, they're a bit faffy aren't they? I nearly died when I saw the big needle, thinking that was the one they were expecting me to stab myself with.... relieved when I found out it was the mixing one!!Phew!!
    How do they make you feel?
    Is it weird to be scared and excited about them ? I'm worried I'm not going to be able to do it, DH says he has no problem in stabbing me with a needle... haha!! But I'm also thinking this could actually work..... next month could be our month!!!!

Thanks for letting me ask all these questions.
    xxx
  • Hi babyhope,
    I am on them as 5 rounds of clomid didn't work, I have acute PCOS and I have a blocked tube. I am not ovulating and the clomid didn't make me OV. I have not had an AMH test.
    That fact that you had 2-3 that were 15 mm is brilliant. Any thing over 14mm and they will usually give you the trigger shot to release the follicles.
    You are right the injections are quite faffy... but you really get into the swing of it and they do just become routine.
    I felt fine on them to be honest, I think I went more hormonal on the clomid. The one thing I do want let you know is that i got a lot of pregnancy symptoms with them during the 2ww and I found that hard when I got my BFN.
    I completely get you being excited about going on them... it is a really positive step you are going down. When are you anticipating AF to show to start taking them?
    I really really hope next month is your month! xxx
  • Hi RachieS,
    Thanks for answering my questions, it really does help to talk to someone who is doing these. I'm waiting for AF to show Fri - Sun, although she could come early so I'm on AF watch for any day now.
    My DH and I were only saying at the weekend, this could really work and I could be pregnant next month..... As you can see were keeping the PMA high at the moment, I've spent too many days in bits and in tears, so now the tears have stopped and I've realise things are what they are and no amount of tears will help.

We actually booked a holiday last night for November, and even though I may still be on the injections we just thought we need a break and if we do have to embark on IVF in January it'll be our last chance to get a holiday in. So we're off to Antigua for a week, amazing deals on BA!!! This is giving us something else to focus on and look forward to.

Please keep in touch, as I hope we will be able to help each other along this long and emotional journey!!

xxx

[Modified by: babyhope on September 22, 2009 09:16 AM]

• MY AF has shown up today, so I think I am starting injections tomorrow. I am just waiting for my nurse to confirm.
    It is great to hear you so full of PMA...I am not as full of PMA but I am looking forward to starting this cycle.
    Antigua sounds lovely image And fantastic to have something to look forward to..
    xxx

[Modified by: RachieS on September 22, 2009 12:04 PM]