Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! Need some advice please!

Hi girls,
Have the chance to start down regulation on Monday - which is a month early. Wasn't really expecting this opportunity but am keen to get on with things. It is short notice and I don't want to rush into things but then, why wait??!! If I wait a month I can go throught the scans and retrieval during the Easter holidays without worrying about getting into work late, days off etc...less stress, but if I do it now I will have done everything by the holiday and will just be able to relax - I will also know the outcome by then!
I know it's a decision I have to make myself, but it would be great to hear any thoughts.
Thanks!
x
:\?

Replies

• Hi Mrs Amanda,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm worried about the time off and the potential questions but my boss is very understanding and is aware that I might need some time off for scans. The hospital say I need to be in for scans between 8 and 10 am so it would mean I should only be about half an hour late for work. How long do the scans actually take? Worried about the puffed up belly but there's a lot to be said for the return of leggings!!
  • Hi there,
    That made me laugh! I guess I just have to get used to it...these poor medical staff must be so used to it, I bet they have some stories to tell.
    It's great if it's quick though as it hopefully means I can get into work on time and no-one will even notice I've been up since the crack of dawn at the hospital!
    Boss has been fab so far - can't complain - and very interested in the whole procedure.