Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Started our first cycle!

Hiya
I just wanted to post to say that i've had my Protrap injection on Thursday and it was really easy. I had been worried that it would be a big needle or that i would bruise but neither so thats good!
I feel ok so far except i am quite tired but not sure if its just in my head or not! lol!!
I also found out on Thursday that my AMH level is 17, which the nurse said is really good and due to this they will be putting me on a lower dose of the stimulating drugs. I know this is good news but I am also wee bit worried incase I don't respond cause of the lower dose. I am being silly?
Can I ask if anyone else has an AMH level like this? have you been told the same? and does it make a difference? :\)

Replies

• Hi danipink,

Glad to hear the injection wasn't too bad!!! I'm due to start my injections in 3 weeks as I'm in my preparation month right now, I'm a bit nervous about it all but excited too. Not sure if this helps but my AMH levels are 4 : ( and so my doctor has said I need to start off on the highest dose of the stimulating drugs to try and ensure I respond as well as possible - with this in mind it makes sense to me that your dose is being lowered a bit as your AMH level is much better that mine!!! I know that optimal fertility is between 28 and 48 and satisfactory fertility is between 15 and 28, low fertility is between 2 and 15 - so you are considered satisfactory which is good. Obviously I'm no doctor, but it does sound right to me that your dose probably doesn't need to be quite so high : ) Good luck hun, let us know how you get on!!!.x.
  • Just wanted to say good luck!!
    H.xxx
  • Just wanted to say good luck!!
    H.xxx
  • good luck dani and trixie - wihing you both loads of luck with your cycles. I'm in my loooong 2ww following my first cycle of ICSI, so any questions fire away. xx
  • Thanks girls, its good to know there's people out there willing to listen to my rambling! lol
    Feel much better today, was getting quite worried as I am due to do the Glasgow womans 10k on the 9th may but have been very tired for the past few days, but made the effort to go to the gym today and managed 8k on the treadmill and felt really good after it so hoping it keeps up and I can manage on the day!
    It was one of those things i signed up for hoping that i wouldn't be able to take part, but here i am without a real excuse without telling lots and lots of people about the ICSI. lol!
    xx
  • Thanks MrsBambino, it's lovely to feel there is some support around. We haven't told anyone apart from our parents about the IVF so it can feel pretty lonely at times and it's nice to think there are people here to ask!!! I want to wish you the absolute best of luck with this cycle - I really really hope that you get your bfp!!! Please let us know how you get on. Oh and on another note - I LOVE your avatar : ) I am so excited for the new film, it comes out just when we will be having our ET if all goes to plan, so it's something nice to look forward to taking my mind off things!!!

danipink, wishing you loads of luck with your cycle too, I hope it goes well : ) Wishing you lots of luck for your run too - I'm sure you'll do great!!!.x.