Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Rubella vaccination

Hiya ladies,

Not sure if anyone can help me? (Thinking J-Jenko could!!!)

We've got our first appointment with fertility clinic on friday and I've just found out from my GP clinic my antibodies are very low from my rubella blood test and I'm not immunised. Great. I know I had this vaccination when I was at primary school and had polio (sugar cube) at the same time.

It gets better..... I need the MMR vaccination 2 doses according to the nurse a month apart we would then need to leave conceiving for 3 months. Having googled MMR it should be 2 doses 3 months apart then leave fo a month before conceiving. That's 4 months image

Apparently they no longer stock the single dose of rubella as they want to use the mass stocks of MMR vaccination.

Has anyone been in a similar position and can confirm this?

Do you reckon it may be possible to start IVF before the 4 months?

Thank you

xxxx

Replies

• Back again!!

Have managed to arrange a single dose vaccination for rubella on saturday. I might possibly need a second dose but hoping at 98% success rate I should be alright. I'll need to wait 28 days before checking immunity much better than 4 months!!!

Apparently it's becoming more common not to be immune despite having all the jabs.

xxxx
  • Sorry Mrs P

have not been on the PC as my sister was in hospital long story

So glad you got the single vaccine, I would have perhaps suggested maybe trying to get the single jab at a private walk in medi centre. Costly but quicker

Anyhow you have been vaccinated now.
    XX