Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New series on IVF!

Hi,

There's a new series on Home & Health on sky. It started tonight I think, another one on tomorrow. Its really good, follows two couples per show - one during the treatment and one having their long awaited bundle(s) of joy. It gives a really good insight into their treatment, results and feelings etc. It is really sensitively done with good explanations.

Only warning - prepare for a few tears, or maybe that's just me being over emotional at the moment due to the Menopur!!

Lorraine xxx

Replies

• Ooh, will definitely look out for that!! It's nice to see some coverage of IVF - normally it's just a lot of programmes on 'normal' ttc and pregnancies : ) Hope you're going well with the Menopur, I started back on it today for our 2nd cycle of IVF!

.x.
  • Hope its second time lucky for you, keeping everything crossed for you xxx
  • thank you so much for putting this post on here, i never look beyond the main channels on sky so would have missed this, and it was nice to watch- although there were some sad endings image
  • Yes, I watched last nights and it was much more negative than the night before!!! Not good when you are packed to bursting with FSH! I guess if they just showed the couples who were succesful, it would give the impression that it is more guaranteed than it is. I just wish it was 100% results for everyone xxx
  • Last nights one about the couple using the donor eggs was so sad, i'd have given them mine if i wasn't having problems myself. It's all so cruel and unfair image
  • I wish I had this channel image
  • I've now got this on series link, its got me a total gibbering wreck. I love it though, its a good insight in what I've got coming up. Aaaah scary. x
  • I watched this too. I'm waiting to go for another scan to check my ovaries before I have IUI and I was in a right state when those couples didn't have any success.....makes me worry
  • Yea it's been hard to watch sometimes as hardly any of them have got pregnant and I've watched about 8 of the programmes now!! Still I suppose I have to remember that there is always a couple that have had success in each programme too, and when their lo's have been born it's so amazing. I end up in tears most nights!!.x.
  • I am giving up on watching now, as you say hardly any get the good news!!! I know that the ones who are about to give birth are the success stories, but seeing the process part, we need for of those couples getting some BFP's too! Especially when we are going through it, its making me feel a little like its a hopeless cause, although my negativity is not helped by feeling so ill with this horrid cold I have! xxx