Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

advice for when stimming injections arent working

Hi girls,
Sorry to gatecrash but my best friend is currently on her first round of IVF. The down regging worked, and she was happily surprised, however the stimming injections arent having much of an effect. She went for a scan on Tuesday and they upped the dosage, and she went back today and again not much growth so theyve upped the dosage again. Has anyone else been through this? What happened? Not having been through this process i dont know what im talking about but i have been reading this forum for a while to understand what she's going through (physically as well as mentally), and youre all so supportive i was hoping i could get an insight and maybe pass on some positive stories of people who's stimming didnt work first time?

Thanks very much
xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hiya, how sweet of you to try to find this out for your friend... I did not experience this myself, but some things that can help boost things along are lots of protein (I drank protein shakes as well as increasing it in my diet) and a hot water bottle on the abdomen. Pineapple and brazil nuts also supposed to help thicken womb lininig. Sorry, can't help with drugs side of things, but I would reassure her that her clinic know what they're doing and will be doing everythung they can xx
  • Hiya,I think it's 'one of those things.' I found out similar today that my stimms haven't been too effective, so they've doubled my dosage and I need to be rescanned on Wednesday. It's my first time too and is disappointing, but the good thing is we're doing something positive and proactive about acheiving our dream People just respond to the drugs in different ways I guess. Hope your friend is OK xx