Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Et tomorrow -advice needed

Hi girls

we are booked in late tomorrow morning for our et and I am
a little worried. It's our first try and I am unsure what to expect.

We have a really busy weekend ahead and it's really stuff that we can't get out of. So I have booked off tomorrow and Friday then after monday I have taken tuesday too. Do you think this is enough. I plan to relax as much as possible and rest as much as I can but we habve a weekend of parties and a wedding. It's all important stuff that we can't miss.

We haven't told a lit of people what we are on with so I don't want to draw attention to myself by not been me. Usually at weddings and parties I am the first one up dancing and enjoying myself. I intend to limit drinks to the bare minimiun and have even bought a bottle of non alcholic rose to decant into a normal wine bottle so it looks like I am drinking lol.

I am just worried that it won't be enough. Can anyone give me some tips or advice on keeping my little embris safe and encourage them to snuggle in?

Thanks Clare

Replies

• Hi Clare, hope all goes well tomorrow, the only advice I can give you is to put your feet up as much as possible after the ET, no lifting anything heavy, let your OH do the housework! I took 2 weeks off but depending on your personal work situation, a few days rest should be fine. I remember reading 'carry your embryos with pride' and that kept me focused in not getting stressed about stupid things and generally looking after myself. x
  • Hi mandy
    already got mum and other half lined up for all house work lol.
    Where can I find carry embryos with pride? Would also like
    to have a read.

Thanks x
  • Hi Clare, can't remember what I was reading and where I read it, that's
    the only part that stuck in my head! x
  • Hi both, I read that article too - it was a beginners guide to IUI on Fertility Friend. You can find it here:
    http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16321.0

Although it relates to IUI it has some good advice about how to get through 2ww. I think it is useful reading even if you are having IVF.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Sarah x
  • Thanks Sarah I will take a look x
  • Having read through it again it seems that the advice is for IVF too! - I will be refreshing my memory as well. Good luck justttc!

Sx
  • Hi,

Hope you're EC went well today. I had mine on Monday and ET yesterday, and I have to say whilst it wasn't an ordeal, I do still feel slightly bruised and battered, so you may not feel like dancing around too much.

Please don't worry about what anyone else is thinking about you not drinking or being the life and soul of the party, looking after yourself in the main priority. I know its hard when you have such a big secret, but Could you not say you've had a bout of food poisoning, thats why you're not yourself just to take the pressure off of yourself!! Just try to rest up as much as you can before and after ET, as your body is still recovering from the EC.

Good luck with everything!!

[Modified by: babyhope on August 26, 2010 04:56 PM]

• that's a good idea baby hope. I am going out for dinner tonight with one of the girls who we are at the wedding with sunday so I could text her in the morning and pretend I'm ill.
    Only thing I will get at the wedding is oooh your not you know are you! I went for a curry on Sunday after egg transfer and 8 of us shrared 2 bottles of wine and as I asked for a glass of water and only sipped 1 glass of wine all night i had the raised eyebrows.