Forum home› Getting pregnant› IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hi, can i join

hello, i have now had 3 miscarriages, last one a week ago. I always lose them at around 10 weeks. It took me 2 years to get pregnant again, now its gone... I was put on the list for the fertility centre october 2009, Got given an appointment for 2nd june, found out i was pregnant the middle of april, was going to tell the fertility centre to cancel, but something inside me told to me to hold on and wait and see if this pregnancy works this time, because if i told them i would be off list and then probably miscarry and be back at square one. Anyway i went to appointment yesterday and told them i was pregnant and had miscarried and now they are going to do some tests, and hopefully i can get treatment for a very long waited baby.

Sorry if this has been too long to read, i think i really needed to get this off my chest to people who have gone through the same.

thanks for reading, please give me any advice.

Replies

• Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I'm so sorry to hear your news I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now.
    Good luck with your treatment and I hope it all works out for you. I have not actually had a miscarriage but a friend of mine also had three and when they did tests on her it turned out she had a problem with her blood and just needed to take asprin whilst pregnant, she has now gone onto have two children with no further problems.
    Keep positive and keep us posted on your treatment, we are all friendly on here so any questions just ask no matter what they are!
    All the best
    Rhian x
  • Options
    thank you for your kind words and advice, i have to wait 3 months for a special test, so still trying to get pregnant before next appointment, does taking asprin while trying to conceive work as well or only when pregnant? thanks
  • Options
    Hi, she was told to start taking the asprin as soon as she started trying for a baby, it's something to do with her blood thickening too much whilst pregnant and somehow this was affecting her pregnancies and she was miscarrying before 12 weeks. As I said she had tests done after she had miscarried three times and the blood issue was picked up, did the asprin thing and now she has Rhys who's coming up to 5 and Carys who's 3, it seemed to her that she would never be a mother but it has turned out well for her.
    Good luck with all the tests I hope you will soon be pregnant with a very sticky bean!
    Rhian x
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your recent loss. Reading your post I was so glad you never cancelled the appointment. Some times we do know our own bobies best. I hope everything goes ok for you & in time your baby dreams come true x