Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finally decided when we're going to begin!

Hi everyone, I haven't been on for a while as been on holiday and things have been a bit manic! Firstly huge congratulations to those of you with you BFP's and for those of you in the middle of treatment I'm keeping everything crossed!
Well as the title says me and DH have finally decided when to start our treatment, originally we were hoping for June just gone but due to finances we had to wait, then we were going to go for it straight after hols but whilst on hols I got cold feet and felt I really didn't want to have the 2ww or find out I was or wasn't pg at Christmas, I know that may sound strange to some of you but I really want to enjoy this Christmas as we have a daughter who will be 18 months then and will have some idea of whats happening so I don't want to be stressed or down for it!
Anyway we had an app with the clinic Friday just gone and after speaking to our doctor it has been decided that I will phone with my November AF and then they will order my drugs, I will then be sent a treatment plan ready to begin in December, we are on the long protocol so all being well we are looking at the end of Jan for the big event, just in time for my 30th bday lol! It does seem ages at the moment but has DH pointed out Christmas will be here before we know it and we will be on our treatment plan by then and then that will fly.
So at the mo I'm trying to stay chilled and loose some weight.
Will keep you posted when things start to happen. Also if anyone else is looking at being on treatment at the same time it would be lovely to hear from you!
All the best everyone
Rhian xx

Replies

• Options
    Brilliant news Rhian- Christmas coming up might just be what you need to take your mind off it and I've not doubt that having a toddler certainly will!!

Looking forward to your next post....

Emma xx