Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF 2ww limbo lounge

2»

Replies

• Helen, I know what you mean re the struggle of these few weeks- it's torture! Have you given in and tested yet??? I did today and got a BFP, but I know how soon it can be over, so keeping grounded for nowimage

Sarah we are all keeping everything crossed that this turns itself around, but try to focus on your embies who are currently chilling out, waiting for their chance to get warm!!!

Ema, I only got 10 eggs and out of the 4 which fertilised, only two were viable, so don't worry about your one- you clinic probably were aiming for quality not quantity anyway!

Re work, I had a week off after the transfer, as we have a 10 day allowance for IVF at my work, which is fantastic. The general rule is that you can get straight back on with things though, so don't stress if you can't get anymore time.

Thinking of you all girls xxx
  • Thank you, I called the clinic today and little dot's developing well. Yipeee. Feel so relieved.

I think I'm going to take next week off as sick, I just think if I do all I can then at least if it doesnt work I've tried my best.

Congrats on your BFP - you rebel for testing early. lol xxx
  • Hi Emma, read your good news. I am so pleased that you have got your BFP at last. You really deserve it! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you have an extra healthy and happy 9 months.

Sarah xx
  • Thanks ladies, although BFP on my own tests, blood test results came through after an agonising wait this aft, and at 47 rather than the over 50 which we are aiming for :roll:

So basically, I kind of am but really confused, so just called the hosp back for a more calm conversation (I beefed towards the end of the earlier call) and they said they haven't written it off, it's just low for now. Got to go back on Mon and hope to see the level jump to more than 100 .

Sarah- any improvement with you? Still going tomoz?

Helen- sorry to read your news under your other thread- good for you looking forward and being positive- I'm still looking for my PMA!!

Love to all

Emma xxx
  • Hi Emma,

Sorry, I replied to the other thread before looking at this one. Please try not to worry (easier said than done I know!) about your blood test results, one number alone can't tell them much. It may be that your embryo/s were slightly slow to implant so have had less chance to secrete HCG into your system. I will keep everything crossed for you that your numbers get rising rapidly and I hope that you get some more reassuring news soon. Have you been getting strong BFPs on your tests?

As one other woman on these boards put it (I think it was Lori) this whole process is a rollercoaster. Hang on in there for a few more days! I can fully understand getting peeved on the phone - the nurses are bound to understand. IVF is such an emotionally draining process, I feel like my emotions are on a short fuse too.

I am still going in tomorrow for my bloods although I know in my heart that there's not a lot of point. I just want to make sure that my HCG drops quickly now and that I don't have any complications such as an ectopic pregnancy to worry about. One of the things that troubles me is that I am still getting faint positives on my tests. I know I can't still be pregnant as I am bleeding heavier than I have before in my life but I am now worried that the embryo might be lodged in one of my tubes or somewhere else it shouldn't be. Just hoping for it to be over soon with minimal pain and heartache.

Sarah xx
  • Hopefully if it is game over for you, it will be as quick and painless as possible, but I believe it can take a little while to get the hormone out of your system. It's frustrating too, to know that this is only treated as a 'withdrawal bleed' and they want at least 2 normal periods to pass before they will do IVF again- hoping that's not the case for you and that they will crack straight on with the FET as soon as you would like.

My tests have all been faint but clearly visable- even to my husband ;\)

The nurse said today that the early home tests are a pain, because they make people aware of a pregnancy that was never going to carry on and if they hadn't used a test, they would consider it a normal (if slightly late) period. I now understand why they say "don't test before the official date"!!

Rollercoaster indeed.....and I think we all want to get off!!!!! :lol:

Emma xx
  • Well ladies, I'm offically PUPO. Just joining as you ladies are leaving the 'limbo lounge'. Were testing on the 11th, with just one little embie on board.

Hope everyone get's there BFP's, good luck everyone.

Sarah, good luck at the hospital when you go. Fingers crossed this little bean is just trying to scare you a little. xxx
  • Oooooh good luck Ema, enjoy your new status!!

Will keep track of the thread for your outcome

Emma xxx
  • So I tested this morning and I got a BPF. Excited, but very very nervous, feels almost ridiculous that we can know this early what is going on and basically terrified of what can happen, what can go wrong, but that's all completely out of our hands so I guess what will be, will be .... Going to ring the clinic in a little while and sort out an appointment for our 6 week scan and then we'll have that to look forward to. Of course all twinges and aches just makes me feel more nervous but I'll have to get used to that.
  • Congratulations Lougla, thats fab news. It's understandable that you feel nervous, bet your wishing these next 6 weeks to fly over. xx
  • CONGRATULATIONS Lougla!!!!!

Well done- lets raise a pot of tea to a very happy and health 9 monthsimage

Emma xx
  • Yay Lougla, I am so please for you. Congratulations xx