Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

life after infertility ... (also in LTTTC)

Hi All

I usually post under my 'real' name but am being a bit secretive as some family and friends are also BE members.

In Jan 08, my husband and I were told that because of our issues (I have PCO and fibroids, and OH had 99% abnormal morphology) we'd never conceive naturally.
As I was too old for NHS IVF, we went private. Had ICSI (at the Lister) in April 08 and were very lucky as it worked first time. Our son has just had his first birthday.

Whilst we're sorting ourselves out for the next round of IVF (saving the pennies, etc), we thought we'd try the conventional way image Used a fertility monitor and what do you know ....

I am 4+5 wks pregnant. My GP is being very unsupportive (refuses to believe it's viable until I've had a acan), but to me, I'm PUPO image

I just wanted to say to all who are struggling to conceive, naturally or with assistance, that despite all the odds being against you, minor miracles *can* happen so don't give up hope.

Have just re-read this, and apologies if it sounds smug, it's really not meant to be.

Love and babydust to everyone.

Replies

• Options
    Oldermummy

What a lovely post. You don't sound smug in the least bit.

I've said it before on the TTC board, but huge congratulations on your pregnancy. You must be absolutely thrilled. Our diagnosis is fairly similar to yours - MrD's swimmers are lazy/confused/inshort supply, and I have PCO. We are on our first round of IVF. It's fantastic to know that a natural BFP in the future can't be ruled out.

(Can't believe your GP - what a sod!!)

• Options
    Thank you - it's lovely to hear that and great news - congratulations!
    I've heard stories like this from other people, it's as if the body kick starts into action after the first pregnancy.
    Whatever the reasons, it's a little chink of hope for us.
    Thanks and best of luck to you.