Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ivf using a donor egg, diagnosed with menopause aged 27

Hi, Has anyone ever had any first hand experience of trying IVF using a Donor egg? Me and my partner start our treatment tomorrow, I can't find anyone on here who has direct experience of this. I was diagnosed with the menopause 6 years ago. Any experiences good or bad would be really useful.Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Sorry hun no experience, just wanted to wish you lots of luck xxxxxx
  • Options
    hi there,

no experience yet, but i had my first appointment at the lister clinic today for exactly the same thing. i m 39 and also have premature ovarian failure.

whereabouts are you being treated?

• Options
    Hi, I'm looking towards having donor embryos. I have gained a lot of knowledge and support from www.fertilityfriends.co.uk
    I don't like recommening another site on here, but most people are undergoing fertility treatment on there and there are forums for those recieving donor eggs so you might find out more there.
    Good luck!!
    Helen.xxx
  • Options
    Hi Helen, Thanks for the reply, I will check it out. We are 7 days into our treatment, apart from the mood swings and hot flushes eberything is going well so far! Just hope our donor is looking after themselves!! Hope all goes well with you in the future. Many thanks x