Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

Advice on progesterone

Morning ladies

I usually post on LT TTC, but I will be joining you soon - we are starting IUI in September, followed by IVF if that doesn't work.

In the meantime, the fertility unit have prescribed me progesterone supplements to cure a possible luteal phase defect - my luteal phase is normally 11/12 days, but I get spotting from 8/9 DPO onwards. I used them for the first time this month, taking one pessary (Cyclogest 400g) twice a day from 1DPO to 12 DPO. From about 7 DPO I got twinges and minor cramps that felt like OV pains on both sides and sore boobs (both unusual for me). But from what I have read on the net, both these "symptoms" are probably caused by the progesterone supplements rather than anything else.

My AF should have arrived last Friday. My last progesterone pessary was on Friday night, and today (Tuesday) there's still no sign of AF. I don't even feel as though her arrival is imminent. I'm now 16DPO, and my temps are nice and level and high. If it wasn't for three negative HPTs over the last few days (most recent one this morning), I would be starting to wonder if this was our month!!

So my question is this - for those of you who have taken progesterone on a cycle that hasn't resulted in a pregnancy, how many days did you wait for AF to arrive after stopping the supplements? I realise in the grand scheme of things, a few days is not a big deal, but I am normally blessed with a very regular cycle and I feel weird having this left unexplained.

Thanks for reading, and any advice very gratefully received.

Replies

• Hi Mrs D
    last treatment cycle. Stopped taking the pessaries on wednesday morning and had AF on Friday
    Am really hoping this is a good sign for you..am keeping my fingers crossed
    xx
  • J-J - Thanks very much for replying.

Don't want to get my hopes up....

MrsD

xx
  • Hi Mrs D,

Im not sure that im on about the same thing here, but when they prescribed me Progesterone i think that she said it could be 5 - 10 days after tx before af...

Good luck honey, arent our body's strange old things!

Gem x
  • Thanks Gem.

The old hag got me this morning as it happens - 18DPO, and six days late (six days after stopping taking the progesterone). Booooooo.

Yes - our bodies play the meanest tricks - not only was I six days late, but felt very queasy on two mornings this week.

Ah well. Onwards and upwards to month 16.

xx