Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

devastated - AMH levels, can anyone help?

Replies

• Options

I've been lurking about since my initial post. My cycle failed. I had 2 good embryos in the end but they didn't take. Still not sure why. I did everything 12yearsapart did but take PABA but I've since order it and read through It starts with the egg thoroughly and adapted my supplements and went for organic skin creams. I've been working with my acupuncturist on a my more natural program and his making me herbs to compliment the supplements I'm taking. I'm also going back to temp charting and there is now a temp that you can put internally that speaks to your smartphone so the readings are more accurate. It's made in Germany and was pretty hard to find so waiting on an email for the correct link to order it. I've been pretty devastated from my failed cycle. I had zero support from the clinic. Not even counselling so every day has been a stepping stone to get my strength back. Once I've worked out the correct doses of supplements etc. I'll share. I hope you find it all useful.

Good luck Jojo, 8 is good! I had 3 and the two embryos were good strong ones!! xx

• Options

Sorry by the typos above. I rushed my reply a bit before I get to bed. 

• Options

I'm sorry your cycle failed silver. Can your GP refer you for counselling?

So they collected 7, and 6 were mature. All 6 fertilised and all have made it to the 3 day stage and are looking good apparently. I’ll get another update tomorrow morning with transfer in the afternoon. That’s great news obviously but since EC I have felt awful. Before EC everything was easy and quite normal, I wasn’t hormonal like I expected and the injections were fine. But the ones I’ve been on since EC make me feel terrible. I feel like I’m on drugs that are making me spaced out. I am dizzy all the time, to the point of walking into things and not being able to get my words out properly and that certainly didn’t help with my job interview yesterday (and I have another on Friday). I am getting absolutely horrendous cramps but really low down so I’m not even sure what is hurting. I’ve been told it’s the utrogestan causing these problems and been told to take half the original amount, which is helping a bit but I still feel awful. Anyone else had this?

• Options

Kohl these are very good news!! I'm not familiar with the ivf procedure so I don't know when the egg transfer will take place. Good luck and keep strong!!

Silver I'm very sorry...what is your next move??

• Options

Sorry I meant jojo..

• Options

Thank you Navi! Good luck to you. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. 

I did one unmedicated IUI in November 2014 which didn't work. That December we decided not to try another round and just focus on the holidays. I wasn't even sure about our timing but much to my surprise I got pregnant then. 

Hoping the same miracle for you all.

• Options

Good luck to you Silver. Hoping you get your miracle! Really hoping that the Paba will be what you need to get you over the edge so to speak. Give it a few months. Let me know how it goes! 

• Options

Hope all went well with your transfer Jojo. Good luck! 

• Options

Jojo I've been thinking of you and I really hope it went well.!!!!

• Options

Thanks both :-). So all 6 embryos grew really well with 4 being excellent, one very good and one good. So AMH really doesn't tell you have good the eggs will be.

Navi: with an almost identical AMH and being the same age I'm really positive things will be good for you. 

Anyway, they transferred one and I tested today and got my first BFP for 16 years. I can't believe it! I was certain it wouldn't have worked. Just keeping my fingers crossed it sticks around. 

I'm getting more used to the drugs as well and don't feel drunk after taking them any more.

And make sure you're all taking vitamin d. I really think this made a difference for me.

• Options

That is wonderful news!!!!! Congrats and think positive thoughts. So happy you got to experience a positive test after all this time! 

Yes vitamin D is important. I'm taking that also. 

• Options

Ohhhh my God jojo!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you!! These are best news I've heard for a long time!! Congratulations sweetie!!

Keep positive and things have to go well for you after all these years!! You soooo deserve it hun!!!

• Options

Btw I have started seven seas a, c and d vitamins. All in one. Hope is good.

Also taking profertil supplements both me and my partner.Bit pricey but they have good reviews. 

• Options

Hi all been a long time since I've been on here but saw your posts so I thought I'd see how everyone is doing. 

:-)

• Options

Hi Ladies,

Any updates?? Been almost a year since I followed this thread. Jojo...did your pregnancy turn out OK?

Has anyone tried the recommendations that I made? Mainly PABA? 

• Options

I got pregnant before Christmas but sadly miscarried. Just starting the pill again now for another round of IVF. Still taking PABA, not sure if it's making a difference or not but it can't hurt. Overall I seem to be fighting off bugs more easily than I used to. 

• Options

I'm really sorry to hear that silver. Good luck for this next round.

I'm now 28.5 weeks pregnant, and finally starting to believe I will actually be a parent after all this time.

Hope everyone else is well x 

• Options

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say thank you all for sharing your stories and advice, the heart ache and the miracles. I'm about to begin AMH tests and the rest and feel like my positive, upbeat attitude towards my fertility is about to be tested too. What I take away from you messages here is that no AMH or other test gives definite answers. Phew! Now I can get back to my happy bubble ... for now x

• Options

Thank you for your post. It is exactly what I needed to read... hope, you gave me hope. I am going to try paba. Fingers crossed it works!!! I am so glad I came across you post. Thank you again! 

• Options

Hi ladies!

Checking in to see how everyone is doing with their journeys? Hopefully good news to share along the way!!

Jojo....how are you making out?

God speed!