Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

devastated - AMH levels, can anyone help?

124»

Replies

• Options

Hey, just wanted to say that we got pregnant first time round with donor sperm on IUI having been told I had a low AMH. I also freaked out when they said that and my husband said 'seems like the purpose of the test is to make you feel vulnerable and scared and it looks like it has achieved that'. Lol. We ignored it. you only need one egg. Follicle stimulation meant we had two when we went for it and it worked first time. So don't worry. Stay positive. 

• Options

congrats ericas that's great.

I'm a little more cynical than your hubby - I feel it's mainly just an excuse to deny a subset of people funding for treatment! The number can vary so much over a small space of time and even though yours (and mine) was low it made no difference.

I'm not too bad thanks for asking! I have 16 days until my due date! There's been a few scares along the way, and everything isn't definitely ok yet but it's gone really quickly.

Hope everyone is well and this shows that amh value definitely isn't everything 

x

• Options

yay fingers crossed for a safe and swift delivery for you xx

• Options

Hi everyone!! 

I haven't been on here for ages..tried once to post but obviously didn't make it..

Congrats Ericas, these are lovely news!!

Jojo time passed so quickly, you are almost there!!

I got pregnant naturally after the paranoia of my low AMH levels and I'm currently 34 weeks. We are expecting a boy and honestly couldn't be happier!!

Hope everyone is well!!

• Options

I'm 35 yrs old and have recently had all my tests done which came back "normal" it was the AMH result I queried as I couldn't believe It was given a normal when I knew it was important what the number was it was 4.03 Pmol/l

I googled it and Low Fertility was written there staring at me and I felt like I had been hit by a bus. 

I'm sure you've all felt it, that feeling of confusion, loss, anger and many more feelings.

I'm UK based and I visited my doctor expecting him to say 'Well it's low but there's hope, we can help you' but he didn't. He just told me that I didn't fit the criteria and IVF or help with fertility wasnt available to me. I asked if it was available privately and he said probably not (I have found out that that is actually extremely false by the way) 

I was made to feel that that was it but finding this forum and reading all these messages makes me not feel alone And I can't thank you all enough for that. 

I only found out this week that my AMH is 4.03 and that I cannot have any free help from UK's NHS.

I am starting to clean up my act - cutting out dairy, no alcohol, lots of fish and veg. I exercise enough and I'm not over weight. I just need some guidance before I make a decision.

Firstly - Is there hope for me? Can I get IVF Privately being a 4.03?

I was going to wait another couple of months and really try to go for this naturally however most of my ovulation tests come back negative even though I have CM 🙁

My boyf is also going to go for a semen analysis he is 37.

im trying to take each day as it comes and be more positive as I have suffered depression and anxiety for years and I'm pretty sure this has an impact on it all.

I'm so desperate to meet my baby, I'm really hoping for a miracle and that I am not destined to walk this life childness. 

Love to you all and thinking of you all through these hard times xx

• Options

Hi there!!! Please go back through the thread and read all of my posts. I wrote about what I did to achieve my miracle baby. She just celebrated her second birthday this week. I'm in the states so I don't know how the reference ranges match up to where you are but normal FSH in the u.s. is 10 or below and I can't recall what a good number is for amh but a 4 here would not be considered too bad. With that being said, my FSH before I got pregnant ranged from in the 20s to 50s and my amh was a 0.something. 

I have regular periods and I was ovulating every month. So as long as you have everything working don't focus on the number just get your body as healthy as possible and as alkaline as possible. Please go back through and look at my posts.

And get the supplement Paba!!

Keep the faith good luck and keep us posted!

• Options

Hi Victoria, the NHS hospital measured my amh and it was 4.7. I wasn't told this was too low for funding and i had treatment at a private clinic but funded by the NHS. At this clinic they retested my amh and it was 10.7! I was told it can vary hugely based on not all that much so insist they redo it, or even pay for it yourself.

However whether it is funded or not, 4 is not too low for treatment so don't get disheartened 

• Options

Hi Jojo

Apparently the criteria in Brighton and Hove is 4.9 AMH + which is bad news for me. 

What is the criteria for NHS help where you are? 

I think I need to find out if my partner is okay first then start looking at IVF, you're the second person that has been re-tested for AMH and it's been higher that I have heard of this week. 

I really need to start looking after myself and getting my diet down to a tea, I'm really fit (climbing 3 peaks in 24 hours next weekend) but I'm so anxious and me and my partner have just lived liked 18 year olds the past couple of years. I won't be drinking now until my miracle (if it happens) arrives. im just analysing everything I do at the moment, driving me insane. 

I'll keep you posted. Gonna try out some of Babies12 recommendations. 🤦🏼‍♀️ It's waiting on the unknown that's gets to me. ((And breathe Vic)) just wish I could stop crying, the panic is unbearable. 

• Options

It needs to be higher than 5.4 where I am now, but when I had treatment (july last year) it just said there must be no evidence of low ovarian reserve and then it was down to the consultant to decide.

My ccg has now suspended any funding altogether though, while they undergo a consultation about what to do in the long term. 

• Options

Yes Brighton has a no lower than 4.9 but the CCG guideline is 5.4 I guess in some cases people are lucky in Brighton then. 

Im going to be re-tested maybe I can get my levels up. Who knows.

thank you for your responses. 

• Options

I'm 45 and just started to try to conceive. My MAH just came back at 4.3. Not really sure what it means until dr. visit tomorrow. 

Anyone experienced similar? 

Thank you 

• Options

Mine was a 4.3 too Vander.

You can be retested and it may come back with a different result but it really depends or your body.

I have changed my diet and cut out alcohol in hope of trying to shift it. But Babies12 has some good advice in what things to try and maybe cut out. 

This forum helped me so much. I came in with such despair but feel so much more hopeful now. 

My advice - don't delay in getting your guys sperm checked as he will need to provide two samples.

If you are UK based the national guideline criteria is a 5.4 AMH for free NHS help with IVF however there is help still privately but there may be other factors to consider (endometriosis/ PCOS) 

please stay positive, get Mr checked out (sorry to presume it's a male) and clean up the diet and get your AMH retested. 

I'm 35 with the same AMH and just starting to go through it all. X

• Options
    Hi, I went for a fertility check recently(AMH levels) and got the results. I’m 32, results were 10.9. I’m getting married Xmas 2020 and we weren’t planning on trying for a baby until then. Can anyone offer advice on whether my results are concerning. I understand they are low but not sure just how low. I’d put off the wedding to try and conceive if I knew it was a risky idea to wait ... thanks in advance.