Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Got the phone call...

7 out of the 8 embryos fertilised!!

She said they were all above grade 3 and 2-4 cells, they are hoping for a blastocyst transfer on monday of one embryo.

Does anyone know how the grading works, is grade 1 the best or grade 4?

Can't believe how many fertilised, I'm so pleased!! xx

Replies

• That's a fantastic fertilisation rate!

Did you have IVF or ICSI?

Grade 1 is best usually they won't freeze grade 3 or 4 as they tend not to survive the freezing process. I think the grading depends on fragmentation (bits within the main cells)

Good luck for transfer image

xxxx
  • Brilliant news syd!!! Same number as I had fertilised as well!! Fingers crossed you get to blasts....sounds like you have a v good chance. Keep us posted xx
  • Hi,

It's IVF that we are having so I was really pleased when they told me how many had fertilised, wasn't expecting that many. My hubby has been eating healthily, has cut out alcohol completely and taking vits too so whether that had anything to do with it or it was just luck I'm not sure. Every sperm test he has had has shown good counts and swimmers etc anyway so suppose we had a good start anyway but that doesn't stop you worrying!

How many blasts did you end up with TBD?

With the grading, I thought the embryologist had said grade 4 was the best but she gave me so much information in a very short phone call I ended up confusing myself and when I looked on internet everything seemed to say that grade 1 was the best like you said Mrs Pootle! Anyway suppose theres no point thinking about it too much as I will have chance to ask questions again tomorrow if ET goes ahead (fingers crossed!).

Thanks for your replies xx
  • Hi Syd78

Too late to wish you luck but how did you get on with your transfer?

If your still sore/bloated from EC my furry hot water bottle was a god send!

xxxx
  • Hi,

Transfer went well. As planned one blastocyst was transferred, she said it was a very nice expanded blastocyst so just waiting now. This is my first day and already feel like it's never ending ha ha!

Had 4 blasts left over to freeze too and was very pleased to find out that my PCT will fund a frozen cycle and a further fresh cycle if needed.

They have given me a test date of the 28th, that seems such a long time. They also said not to test any earlier as some of the medications that are given as part of IVF can give you a false positive. Does anyone know anything about this? Really wanted to test a little earlier but not at the risk of getting a false positive xx
  • So exciting for you!!!!

I think it's something to do with the HCG trigger injection you had before egg collection. If you test too soon the home pregnancy test may pick up on the HCG from that injection and give you a false result.

I waited for my OTD (18 days after my egg collection) My gut feeling was if it hadn't worked I'd start bleeding before then and by not testing I still had the possibility of being pregnant!! Also to let you know the only symptoms I had in the 2WW was cramping/period type pains which I'm pretty certain were from the progesterone pessaries.

Good luck image

Love Alison
    xxxx