Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

So, so happy!

Hi girls,

I don't post very often, but those who may remember me will know that me and DH had our first cycle of ICSI last December. At the time, we only got 2 follicles and two tiny eggs that died, so our cycle was essentially abandoned. This time, we've been on the short protocol and I went for my monitoring scan today. This time I have 9 large follicles on just one ovary (left one was playing hide and seek) and I am just sooo excited and happy. It all feels much better this time round and I'm feeling much more in control. We have egg collection on Wednesday, the point where it all fell apart last time, but I am feeling very positive about it.

Just wanted to share our good news as I'm all by myself today and am beaming! :\)

Hoping we can get past Wednesday now and get some embryos to transfer!!

Moggs xx

Replies

• Congratulations, hope all goes well for you, keeping my fingers crossed x
  • Good luck!!! Let us know how you get on, it's all sounding very positive : ) .x.
  • Thank you! Hospital called last night and have moved EC to Friday now, but am refusing to lose PMA!
  • Everything crossed for you Moggs - will be thinking of you Friday and hoping they collect lots of beautiful healthy mini-moggs xx
  • Thats great news, really chuffed for you.
    if EC is now friday then it just gives them more time to grow nice and big and strong for you.
    Good luck and please keep us posted.
    xx
  • Hi Moggs
    sending you lots of good wishes for EC on Friday! I only had one ovary working too. And after ICSI a few weeks ago, we were blessed to get BFP, so please stay positive. Hugs, xx
  • good luck tomorrow Moggs - hope they get lots of big fat lovely eggs xxx
  • Thanks everyone - and congratulations Mrs. Bambino, that's so inspiring!
    Egg collection went well - we got 4, so I was a little disappointed, but seeing as my left ovary had decided not to respond, I guess this isn't too bad. We had a call this morning to say they'd been able to inject 3 and 2 had fertilised, so we're well chuffed! We've got embryo transfer on Monday morning. I've having acupuncture before and after as well to help things along a bit. Thanks for all your kind wishes!! I'm still pretty sore, but (my very excited) DH is looking after me very well xx
  • fab news! Are you planning to have both embies transferred back in? good luck for monday x
  • I think so littleb, but I will see what the docs recommend. I know they have a single embryo policy, but have mentioned previously they will consider putting two back in. I'm in two minds. If we freeze one, then there's no guarantee it will survive defrosting, if the other doesn't stick, you know? But that also means we haven't got a 'fall back' option either. I'm happy to go with whatever the experts recommend for us. Just glad to have got this far this time!
  • Oooh!! Well that's brilliant news that two have fertilised well so best of luck for Monday - will be thinking of you xxx
  • Everything crossed for you for tomorrow-go little embies go!!!
    H.xxx
  • Hey honey
    Just wanted to wish you lots of luck for tomorrow.
    i'll keep everything crossed for you!
    xx
  • Congrats on the 2 successful embies Moggs - that's great news! Wishing you loads of luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.x.
  • so - do we have one or two embies on board!?? xx
  • We have 2 embies on board the mother ship!! It all went really well and DH is very excited - he's named them Killer & Tyson!!!!!!!!! Men!!

Just have a tortuous 2 weeks to wait now before we can test, but am putting my feet up and relaxing as much as poss.

Thanks soooo much for all your good wishes - they've really meant a lot x
  • Hi Moggs - congrats!!! That's fantastic news and I'm glad to hear it all went well. It's so exciting!! I hope the 2ww goes as quick as possible, and definitely relax as much as possible. Let us know any updates when you can : ) .x.
  • fab news! I'm loving Killer and Tyson- sounds like tough little things!

hope the 2ww isn't too torturous for you xxx
  • Excellent!! Hope they're snuggling in nice and tight for the next nine months xxx