Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Egg collection on Weds- wooohoooo!

Ladies!

Just wanted to come back on here and see what everyones up to- it's been a while and it's good to see some regulars have finally conceived image

We have had 2 failed attempts to get to EC and on this third attempt, we are finally there and have a date.......and I am feeling a bit freaked out!

Best wishes to all

Emma x

Replies

• Ah honey... good luck for wednesday.... I have absolutely everything crosse dthat it is 3rd time lucky....
    Wishing you lots and lots of luck for wednesday!
    xxxx
  • Thanks very much Rachie- I'm walking that dreaded emotional tightrope of being positive, whilst realistic at the same time!!

I'll be back on on Weds with an update.

Emma x
  • Hi Emma, as Rachel says, let's hope it's 3rd time lucky for you. Fingers crossed and hope that they get some good ones from you.

xxx
  • Thanks ladies- will soon see :-O

On another note, someone at work asked me when I will be back and I said about a week after the embryo transfer and she said "Jesus Christ" as if she thought it was over the top. I was furious- people who know nothing, always have plenty to say! Grrrrr!

Anyway that's enough of that!!!!!

Thanks again

Emma x
  • good luck for today! And ignore people... they are so insensitive!!
    xxx
  • Hiya emma, I'm new on this forum but just wanted to wish you loads of luck! It must be such a rollercoaster. And as rachie said, try to ignore people....until you've been through something like this you have NO concept of what it's like so people should keep their opinions to themselves. Take care and keep us posted xx
  • Thanks TBD & Rachie

She is renown for being a nasty pasty, so I am sooooo over her comments ;->

It went really well today- 15 eggs :-> Just need to see how many have fertilised (when they call me tomorrow) and then arrange for the transfer!!!!

Still feels like this is all happening to someone else!!- Ooooh just thought- maybe that's some kind of self-preserevation?!?!?

Love to all xxx
  • fantastic !! 15 eggs... that is brilliant! Hope lots of them got fertilised! image xx
  • Congratulations!!! That's amazing to go from 2 attempts to 15 eggs..... well done you!!!

Good luck with the transfer, let us know how you get on!!!

xxx
  • Thanks ladies

Just had the call from the embryologist. Out of 15, they were able to implant 12 and 7 survived overnight, so we have a whole SEVEN embryos right now!

They have provisionally booked the transfer for tomorrow, but if they continue to divide at the same rate, they will leave it til sat.

So excited image

Emma xx
  • OMG that is awesome... woo hoo!!!!

Yay!!!!!
  • Emma, fab news!!! Sounds like your little embies are fighters! Go embies, go!!!

Good luck and hope they keep dividing.

xxx
  • Thanks!!! It's far too exciting- as if I can concentrate on anything now!!!!

Hope you are all doing ok?!?!?

xx
  • Well girls, the deed is done & the two tiny embryos were transferred this aft.

As the remaining 5 were of lesser quality and "irregular", they wont be frozen, so we really hope this cycle of IVF works.

Now the countdown to 7/10/09!!!!

Tra for now xxx
  • Oh wow, it must be such an amazing feeling to know you have those two embies in you right now. Have everything crossed that you have at least one sticky bean (and hopefully two!).........must be so exciting, I can't imagine how you can think about anything else! Looking forward to hearing your BFP post in a couple of week's time xx
  • Emma... oooh... that is fab about the two little embroyos being trasnferred imageimageimage I really hope they are two stickY embies... look after yourself during the next couple of weeks... and can't wait to see your BFP!
    XXX
  • Thanks Rachie- roll on the 7th October!!

Emma x
  • Good luck Emma....... I'm so so excited for you!

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you (well not those obviously!!!)

xxxx
  • Thanks for all your wishes of support girls- it's getting really tough now and I am dying to test........but wont!

This time next week..... :-O

xx
  • Oh I bet you are Emma!!!! It must be so hard to resist. I am due Af the same day as your test day, and I feel anxious enough about it arriving.......can't imagine if I'd just had IVF. Am so excited for you. Hope you're doing somehting nice to keep you occupied over the weekend xx