Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

do you think they will?

hi ladies,
ill give you a quick update on my situation,

basically hubby and i started TTC in nov 07, found out in Dec 07 that hubby has a low sperm count, we were refered to IVF clinic, then told that we are not eledgable for ivf until i am 23, i was only 20 at the time, last year we appealed to the pct to see if they would make an exceptional case but they said no. im now due to be 22 in february and am debating whether to appeal it again as its only a year difference now!!! if they say no then we only have one more year until we definatly would be eledgible. should we appeal or not? what do you think are the chances of them accepting us a year early???

any opinions would be gratefully appreciated
Mrs E xx

ps congratualtions to all of the ladies with BFP recently to everyone else, our day is coming ... i promise!!!

[Modified by: Mrs E xx on 10 January 2010 17:31:48 ]

Replies

• G/C - Appeal! Whats the worst they can say - No? Do it, and you never know you might get a yes.

Good luck with everything!

• How long does it take for the appeal to get to a decision? Can you make an appointment just in case for the day of your 23rd Borthday? This might even show them how serious and desperate to start you are if nothing else! Use this year to really prepare yourself if all else fails, IVF can really take it out of you! Good luck, and remember - the best things are worth waiting for x
  • we should get the decison 2 weeks after we go back. i might make an appointment for my 22nd birthday. i understand IVF takes it out of you but i cant wait until im 23 !!! weve already waited 3 yrs xx