Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ISIS in Colchester

Hi Ladies, I hope you are all well.

We had our first appointment at ISIS today. We saw Dr. Paloma who went through everything with us. We are having ICSI due to hubby's sperm. I had an internal scan with Ken and he seemed really pleased with everything and we then sat down with Nurse Julie to got through all the paperwork and she led us through the what to do, when, etc. Its all a bit overwhelming when they actually start going through it isn't it .. but we came out with a good feeling about the clinic. I don't know if any of you were there today, but if you were I hope your appointments all went well too.

So now we are just waiting for my next period, in about 15 days or so and then it all starts.

My one concern was Dr. Paloma's insistence that they would only put back 1 embryo, but when we spoke with Nurse Julie I told her that if you take into account the amount of time to do the down regging, stimulation, etc. I'll either be days from my 37th birthday or just after it and she seemed more relaxed about our wish for 2 and said we'll be allowed to discuss this again with the consultant and they'll consider it for us. For me, its less about the twin aspect (although frankly I think that'd be great) but more about the chance of at least one of two succeeding.

Good luck everyone.